Matt Damon Won't Appear in New 'Bourne' Film
Matt Damon had revealed an interest to return to "Bourne" franchise and rumor recently floated around that he would reprise his role as Jason Bourne in the next "Bourne" film. Longtime producer of the franchise, Frank Marshall, was quick to squash the rumor.
Marshall told THR that the delay in the untitled new Bourne movie release was not to accommodate Damon's return. "It's simply not true," Marshall told THR, adding that the film would feature Jeremy Renner's Aaron Cross from 2012's "The Bourne Legacy".
"[Director] Justin Lin is working with Andrew Baldwin on an Aaron Cross script/story that they pitched us a few months ago," he continued. "I talk to Justin all the time and the script is not ready. It's a summer movie, and if we don't start preproduction now, we can't make next summer. Therefore, it's a wise decision to move to 2016." The release date was pushed back from August 14, 2015 to July 15, 2016.
Damon himself said that he would only return if Paul Greengrass was attached as the director. "I've always been open to it if Paul Greengrass is the director," the actor told CNBC in May. "We've just never been able to come up with a story... It felt like such a good way to end it last time. Having said that, I love that character. I'd love to see what happened to him."
Greengrass directed "The Bourne Supremacy" and "The Bourne Ultimatum". Screenwriter Tony Gilroy took over the franchise in "Legacy" with Renner playing a new character.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny