Matt Damon Won't Appear in New 'Bourne' Film
Matt Damon had revealed an interest to return to "Bourne" franchise and rumor recently floated around that he would reprise his role as Jason Bourne in the next "Bourne" film. Longtime producer of the franchise, Frank Marshall, was quick to squash the rumor.
Marshall told THR that the delay in the untitled new Bourne movie release was not to accommodate Damon's return. "It's simply not true," Marshall told THR, adding that the film would feature Jeremy Renner's Aaron Cross from 2012's "The Bourne Legacy".
"[Director] Justin Lin is working with Andrew Baldwin on an Aaron Cross script/story that they pitched us a few months ago," he continued. "I talk to Justin all the time and the script is not ready. It's a summer movie, and if we don't start preproduction now, we can't make next summer. Therefore, it's a wise decision to move to 2016." The release date was pushed back from August 14, 2015 to July 15, 2016.
Damon himself said that he would only return if Paul Greengrass was attached as the director. "I've always been open to it if Paul Greengrass is the director," the actor told CNBC in May. "We've just never been able to come up with a story... It felt like such a good way to end it last time. Having said that, I love that character. I'd love to see what happened to him."
Greengrass directed "The Bourne Supremacy" and "The Bourne Ultimatum". Screenwriter Tony Gilroy took over the franchise in "Legacy" with Renner playing a new character.
- Kim Kardashian Planning to Use Her Toned-Down Image to Make Herself Richer
- Taran Killam Is the New King George of 'Hamilton' in New Instagram Photo
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game