Lauren Conrad Walks Out of Her Own Bachelorette Party Due to Anti-Gay Policy
Lauren Conrad left early a dinner to celebrate her bachelorette party at The Office on the Beach in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. "The Office in Cabo does not allow same sex couples to participate in couple games. Had to walk out. #equality #StopTheHate," she tweeted.
Lo Bosworth, her former co-star on "The Hills", was also at the venue and she supported the bride-to-be's claim. "If you support #equalityforall don't eat at The Office in Cabo San Lucas," Bosworth confirms her pal's claim on her own Twitter page.
However, a manager for The Office tells E! News that it's not true, "We invite all diners to participate in our games. We've never had an issue before with homosexual couples. We are not homophobic at all. We have waiters, runners and a chef who are gay. We've never had a homophobic incident at The Office."
Although the manager was not present during Conrad's party, she believes it was just a case of miscommunication. "We hire an MC who runs the games," the manager explains, "and I don't know what he may have said or how he addressed the crowd, but it must have been a misunderstanding."
Conrad is engaged to her boyfriend William Tell. It will be the first marriage for both.
More Lauren Conrad News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance