Lauren Conrad Walks Out of Her Own Bachelorette Party Due to Anti-Gay Policy
Lauren Conrad left early a dinner to celebrate her bachelorette party at The Office on the Beach in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. "The Office in Cabo does not allow same sex couples to participate in couple games. Had to walk out. #equality #StopTheHate," she tweeted.
Lo Bosworth, her former co-star on "The Hills", was also at the venue and she supported the bride-to-be's claim. "If you support #equalityforall don't eat at The Office in Cabo San Lucas," Bosworth confirms her pal's claim on her own Twitter page.
However, a manager for The Office tells E! News that it's not true, "We invite all diners to participate in our games. We've never had an issue before with homosexual couples. We are not homophobic at all. We have waiters, runners and a chef who are gay. We've never had a homophobic incident at The Office."
Although the manager was not present during Conrad's party, she believes it was just a case of miscommunication. "We hire an MC who runs the games," the manager explains, "and I don't know what he may have said or how he addressed the crowd, but it must have been a misunderstanding."
Conrad is engaged to her boyfriend William Tell. It will be the first marriage for both.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'