Lauren Conrad Walks Out of Her Own Bachelorette Party Due to Anti-Gay Policy
Lauren Conrad left early a dinner to celebrate her bachelorette party at The Office on the Beach in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. "The Office in Cabo does not allow same sex couples to participate in couple games. Had to walk out. #equality #StopTheHate," she tweeted.
Lo Bosworth, her former co-star on "The Hills", was also at the venue and she supported the bride-to-be's claim. "If you support #equalityforall don't eat at The Office in Cabo San Lucas," Bosworth confirms her pal's claim on her own Twitter page.
However, a manager for The Office tells E! News that it's not true, "We invite all diners to participate in our games. We've never had an issue before with homosexual couples. We are not homophobic at all. We have waiters, runners and a chef who are gay. We've never had a homophobic incident at The Office."
Although the manager was not present during Conrad's party, she believes it was just a case of miscommunication. "We hire an MC who runs the games," the manager explains, "and I don't know what he may have said or how he addressed the crowd, but it must have been a misunderstanding."
Conrad is engaged to her boyfriend William Tell. It will be the first marriage for both.
More Lauren Conrad News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism