Lifetime's Whitney Houston Biopic Casts Its Bobby Brown
Lifetime's "Whitney Houston" is slowly filling in the vacant spots. After casting Yaya DaCosta in the lead role, the TV movie has tapped two other actors. According to Deadline, Arlen Escarpeta ("Friday the 13th", "Final Destination 5") is cast as Bobby Brown and Yolonda Ross ("Phil Spector", "Treme") is set to portray Robyn, Whitney's lifelong friend and confidant.
The biopic "chronicles the headline-making relationship between the iconic singer, actress, producer and model, and singer, songwriter Bobby Brown - from the time they first met at the very height of their celebrity, to their courtship and tumultuous marriage. Throughout it all, difficulties followed the superstar couple while they dealt with the overwhelming rewards and consequences of the fame and fortune created by Whitney's meteoric rise that would soon overshadow them both."
Oscar-nominated actress Angela Bassett will serve behind the lens and is not expected to star in it. Set to premiere in 2015, the TV movie has a script written by Shem Bitterman with Larry Sanitsky on board as executive producer.
More Whitney News
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Trying to Steal Kanye West From Kim Kardashian
- 'The Lego Batman Movie' Tops Box Office Again, 'The Great Wall' Humbly Sits on No. 3
- Drake Claps Back at Kanye West's Bizarre Onstage Rant, Addresses Meek Mill Beef
- Tom Brady Is Obsessed With David Beckham
- Angelina Jolie Finally Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Split: We Will Always Be a Family
- Kristen Wiig Is Dancing in New 'The Last Man on Earth' Midseason Premiere Promo
- 'Billions' Bosses on Introducing TV's First Gender Non-Binary Character: It's Really Worth Doing
- Pregnant Beyonce Is Keeping Kim Kardashian Away From Her