Lifetime's Whitney Houston Biopic Casts Its Bobby Brown
Lifetime's "Whitney Houston" is slowly filling in the vacant spots. After casting Yaya DaCosta in the lead role, the TV movie has tapped two other actors. According to Deadline, Arlen Escarpeta ("Friday the 13th", "Final Destination 5") is cast as Bobby Brown and Yolonda Ross ("Phil Spector", "Treme") is set to portray Robyn, Whitney's lifelong friend and confidant.
The biopic "chronicles the headline-making relationship between the iconic singer, actress, producer and model, and singer, songwriter Bobby Brown - from the time they first met at the very height of their celebrity, to their courtship and tumultuous marriage. Throughout it all, difficulties followed the superstar couple while they dealt with the overwhelming rewards and consequences of the fame and fortune created by Whitney's meteoric rise that would soon overshadow them both."
Oscar-nominated actress Angela Bassett will serve behind the lens and is not expected to star in it. Set to premiere in 2015, the TV movie has a script written by Shem Bitterman with Larry Sanitsky on board as executive producer.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri