Lifetime's Whitney Houston Biopic Casts Its Bobby Brown
Lifetime's "Whitney Houston" is slowly filling in the vacant spots. After casting Yaya DaCosta in the lead role, the TV movie has tapped two other actors. According to Deadline, Arlen Escarpeta ("Friday the 13th", "Final Destination 5") is cast as Bobby Brown and Yolonda Ross ("Phil Spector", "Treme") is set to portray Robyn, Whitney's lifelong friend and confidant.
The biopic "chronicles the headline-making relationship between the iconic singer, actress, producer and model, and singer, songwriter Bobby Brown - from the time they first met at the very height of their celebrity, to their courtship and tumultuous marriage. Throughout it all, difficulties followed the superstar couple while they dealt with the overwhelming rewards and consequences of the fame and fortune created by Whitney's meteoric rise that would soon overshadow them both."
Oscar-nominated actress Angela Bassett will serve behind the lens and is not expected to star in it. Set to premiere in 2015, the TV movie has a script written by Shem Bitterman with Larry Sanitsky on board as executive producer.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off