'The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1' Releases District Banners
The Capitol celebrates the districts of Panem in a series of banners unveiled ahead of "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1" release in theaters. The citizens are portrayed as heroes and saluted for their so-called loyalty and dedication to the society, while the photos show them being treated poorly.
In a picture for District 12, the mining district where Katniss comes from, a young girl with dirty ragged clothes is called "a shining example" of obedient citizens with "honorable work ethic and perseverance." No citizen is too young to support the constructive efforts of the Mining District, and in turn, the gallant efforts of Panem, it says.
The first "Mockingjay" is shot back-to-back with the last entry, "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2". Francis Lawrence, who directed the second installment "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire", is back helming the next two movies. "Part 1" is due November 21 this year and "Part 2" will follow on November 20, 2015.
In this film, Katniss reluctantly leads the districts of Panem in a rebellion against the tyrannical and corrupt Capitol after surviving a deadly televised game twice in a row. Jennifer Lawrence returns as the heroine, while Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth play her suitors, Peeta and Gale, respectively.
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen