Joe and Teresa Giudice's Sentencing Delayed to September
Teresa Giudice and her husband Joe Giudice's sentencing in fraud and tax evasion charges has been delayed in the wake of Frank Giudice's passing. The stars of "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" were supposed to appear in court on July 8 for the sentencing hearing, but now the court session is moved to September.
News of the delay was delivered by Teresa's lawyer Henry Klingeman on Thursday, June 19. "Sentencing has been officially rescheduled to September 23," he said. "The family is mourning Mr. Giudice."
Teresa and Joe, who are parents to 4 girls, pleaded guilty to federal fraud charges in March. "Today, I took responsibility for a series of mistakes I made several years ago," Teresa said in a statement. "I have said throughout that I respect the legal process and thus I intend to address the court directly at sentencing. I will describe the choices I made, continue to take responsibility for my decisions, and express my remorse to Judge Salas and the public."
Teresa might be sentenced up to 27 months in prison. Her husband, meanwhile, is likely to face a 46-month term. Joe may also face deportation.
Frank Giudice unexpectedly passed away on Wednesday at the age of 63. According to the family representative, he suddenly fell ill when chasing a dog in front of the house with Joe. Teresa's daughter Gia took to Twitter following the sad news, writing, "This is not really happening right now, this is not real..." She later uploaded a photo of her with Frank. The caption read, "Strongest man I know.. I love you nonno. Rest in peace. 6/18/14."
strongest man I know.. I love you nonnoâ�¤ï¸�rest in peaceð��� 6/18/14 pic.twitter.com/Fwsasr8M3C— Gia Giudice (@TrueGia) June 20, 2014
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier