Daniel Radcliffe, Pharell and Will Ferrell Among Hollywood Walk of Fame Honorees for 2015
The Walk of Fame Selection Committee announced a handful of new honorees on June 19. There will be thirty public figures in entertainment industries who will be given stars on Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2015.
Will Ferrell, Peter Jackson, Paul Rudd, Eugenio Derbez, Jennifer Garner, Daniel Radcliffe and Christoph Waltz will receive their stars for motion pictures category. Batman creator Bob Kane as well as Raymond Chandler, a screenwriter and novelist, will be honored posthumously.
In television category, "The Simpsons" producer James L. Brooks, producer and director Ken Ehrlich, celebrity chef Bobby Flay, "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane, "The Good Wife" star Julianna Margulies, "NCIS: Los Angeles" star Chris O'Donnell, "The Big Bang Theory" star Jim Parsons, "Parks and Recreation" star Amy Poehler, "Modern Family" star Sofia Vergara and talk show host Kelly Ripa will also receive stars.
Songwriter and remixer Lukasz 'Dr. Luke' Gottwald, R&B group Kool & The Gang, rapper Pitbull, record producer Al Schmitt and Pharrell Williams were selected to receive stars for their musical work.
In broadcast radio category, Los Angeles radio host Larry Elder will be the only one honored. Snoopy will also receive a star for his appearance in "Peanuts". Last but not least, Kristin Chenoweth, Dick Gregory and Ennio Morricone will receive stars for their theater or live perfomance.
Chairwoman of Walk of Fame selection committee Maureen Schultz stated, "We know that the new selections represent the best of the entertainment industry and will be a great addition to the Walk of Fame for both the Hollywood community and fans from around the world who visit Hollywood every year."
The selection meeting was held on June 16 by the Walk of Fame Selection Committee of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. Approximately, 24 of 30 ceremonies planned for the honorees will be broadcast worldwide.
The Walk of Fame comprises more than 2,500 stars embedded in the sidewalks along 15 blocks of Hollywood Boulevard and 3 blocks of Vine Street in California. The stars are divided into five categories within the entertainment industries, including motion pictures, broadcast television, audio recording and music, broadcast radio and theater/live performance.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture