Jay-Z and Beyonce's Joint Tour Is Not Struggling
There have been reports claiming that the ticket sales of Jay-Z and Beyonce Knowles' co-headlining "On the Run" tour are not selling well. However, sources close to the tour have just told Billboard that the reports are not true.
According to the sources, the tour that only includes 19 shows has already made $86 million in ticket sales and is on course to make $100 million with around 850,000 tickets sold. Live Nation, which produced the tour, additionally says in a statement that several shows are already sold out with strong VIP and platinum ticket sales.
"The 'On the Run' Tour opens next Wednesday in Miami's Sun Life Stadium to over 48,000 fans, then rolls to Cincinnati to a sellout crowd of more than 37,000 fans, and on July 1st more than 50,000 fans will pack Boston's Gillette Stadium," the statement reads.
"With sellout nights across North America, these first three shows are indicative of the strong demand. Overall, the tour has sold well over 750,000 tickets, grossing more than $90 million, and has unprecedented VIP and Platinum ticket sales," it adds.
Billboard is sure that the impressive numbers will make "On the Run" one of the most successful tours of the year.
More Jay-Z News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!