Batman Solo Film Starring Ben Affleck Rumored for 2019
When the alleged schedule for Warner Bros.' adaptations of DC superheroes emerged last week, there was no mention of Batman standalone movie. Now Latino-Review reports the Caped Crusader will get his own solo film due in 2019 with Ben Affleck on the lead role.
Rumor has it, the movie is tentatively called "The Batman". It joins a series of rumored DC projects that include "Shazam!", "Sandman", "Justice League", "Wonder Woman", and "The Flash".
The only officially-announced project so far is "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" which is scheduled for May 6, 2016. Henry Cavill and Amy Adams are back as Clark Kent and Lois Lane respectively. Gal Gadot is cast as Wonder Woman, and Jason Momoa is expected to play Aquaman.
While "Batman v Superman" is currently in production, "Justice League" will reportedly start shooting in the winter of 2015. Before returning for Batman solo film, Affleck is expected to finish his own period gangster film "Live by Night" first. It's slated to hit theaters in October 2016.
More The Batman News
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments