Katie Couric Sings With Friends at Her Bachelorette Party
Katie Couric apparently had a fun bachelorette party this week in New York City. The TV journalist was joined by some friends at the bash which took place on Wednesday, June 18 at Le Midi near Union Square. Us Weekly reports that the party started at around 6:30 P.M.
According to a source, Couric and the guests enjoyed some feasts and wine before a gospel choir made an appearance. "Katie was in shock," the source said of the surprise performance. At 10 P.M., Couric and the group showed off their singing skills at the Karaoke Cave. "They sang and enjoyed a beautiful cake that the friends had brought with them," the source shared.
The source spilled that some of Couric's friends joined forces to sing The Beatles' "I Saw Her Standing There" with some lyrics changed. She also took part in the karaoke session, singing "Will You Love Me Tomorrow" and some other songs. Couric and her friends apparently "mostly stuck to Motown."
The news anchor is marrying her fiance John Molner this weekend after two years of dating. A previous report by Page Six suggested that the couple would tie the knot in the Hamptons "with only family invited." Her wedding band would be a number by jeweler Jeffrey Rackover and was featured with 2 carats of pave diamonds, the report claimed. Molner, meanwhile, would wear a "standard 18-karat yellow gold" piece.
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test
- Jinger Duggar Is Engaged to Former Pro Soccer Player Jeremy Vuolo
- Jimmy Page Breaks Silence on Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven' Plagiarism Trial
- James Corden's 'Carpool Karaoke' Turned Into Series on Apple
- Ariana Grande Splits From Ricky Alvarez After 1 Year of Dating
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub