'Ant-Man' Origin Story, Costume Design, and Villain Revealed
Details of the upcoming "Ant-Man" including the origin story, costume design, and villain are unveiled. According to a scoop from Joblo, [Spoiler Alert!] Scott Lang is a thief and single dad who has fallen on hard times and one day breaks into Hank Pym's apartment and steals the Ant-Man suit.
The Ant-Man suit will be much more elaborate, complex, and futuristic. It is likened to Iron Man's with the helmet being able to open and close and is compared to Tron's with an assortment of red lights all over the suit. The helmet eyes will glow red when closed. Ants are the main ally and Lang is able to speak to the insect via his helmet, just like in the comics.
The main villain is Darren Cross who, in the comics, runs Cross Technological Enterprises, a rival company for Stark Industries and Oscorp. His cousin Crossfire is expected to appear in the film as well. He will have a suit that resembles Ant-man's but more military style, yellow and black in color, and with a tendril-looking apparatus coming off it's back (like with Agent Venom).
The website also notes "that in the comics Cross looks more like a pink Hulk, so there may well be some merging of attributes from other characters for this role or multiple villains at that." Meanwhile, The Wrap's Jeff Sneider reports Corey Stoll will play Darren Cross and Patrick Wilson will portray his cousin which may or may not be Crossfire.
Paul Rudd is set to play Scott Lang, Michael Douglas is tapped to take on the role of Dr. Hank Pym, while Evangeline Lilly is expected to play the leading lady. Planned to arrive on July 17, 2015, the movie will be directed by Peyton Reed who is hired to replace Edgar Wright.
I'm told Corey Stoll is playing ANT-MAN villain Darren Cross & Patrick Wilson is playing his cousin, who may or may not become Crossfire.— Jeff Sneider (@TheInSneider) June 19, 2014
More Ant-Man News
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans
- Christoph Waltz in Talks to Join James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Entire Breasts in Racy See-Through Top for a Photoshoot in Mexico
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star