'Ant-Man' Origin Story, Costume Design, and Villain Revealed
Details of the upcoming "Ant-Man" including the origin story, costume design, and villain are unveiled. According to a scoop from Joblo, [Spoiler Alert!] Scott Lang is a thief and single dad who has fallen on hard times and one day breaks into Hank Pym's apartment and steals the Ant-Man suit.
The Ant-Man suit will be much more elaborate, complex, and futuristic. It is likened to Iron Man's with the helmet being able to open and close and is compared to Tron's with an assortment of red lights all over the suit. The helmet eyes will glow red when closed. Ants are the main ally and Lang is able to speak to the insect via his helmet, just like in the comics.
The main villain is Darren Cross who, in the comics, runs Cross Technological Enterprises, a rival company for Stark Industries and Oscorp. His cousin Crossfire is expected to appear in the film as well. He will have a suit that resembles Ant-man's but more military style, yellow and black in color, and with a tendril-looking apparatus coming off it's back (like with Agent Venom).
The website also notes "that in the comics Cross looks more like a pink Hulk, so there may well be some merging of attributes from other characters for this role or multiple villains at that." Meanwhile, The Wrap's Jeff Sneider reports Corey Stoll will play Darren Cross and Patrick Wilson will portray his cousin which may or may not be Crossfire.
Paul Rudd is set to play Scott Lang, Michael Douglas is tapped to take on the role of Dr. Hank Pym, while Evangeline Lilly is expected to play the leading lady. Planned to arrive on July 17, 2015, the movie will be directed by Peyton Reed who is hired to replace Edgar Wright.
I'm told Corey Stoll is playing ANT-MAN villain Darren Cross & Patrick Wilson is playing his cousin, who may or may not become Crossfire.— Jeff Sneider (@TheInSneider) June 19, 2014
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'