AMC Debuts First Look at 'Better Call Saul', Orders Second Season
AMC has teased "Breaking Bad" fans with a sneak peek at "Better Call Saul". The network has unveiled the first official photo from the set of the new series, giving a look at Bob Odenkirk in a suit to reprise his role as Saul Goodman.
Showrunner Peter Gould, who created the character of Saul, and Vince Gilligan, who directed the first episode, are also pictured giving a direction to Odenkirk. They all stand in front of a classic black 1969 Chevrolet Camaro parked somewhere in the Albuquerque, New Mexico desert.
Gilligan, who created the mother show "Breaking Bad", has signed up to serve as co-showrunner for the spin-off. In other good news, the show has scored a renewal for a second season, even before its premiere which is now pushed back from November this year to early 2015. The 13-episode second season is scheduled to air in early 2016.
"Production on 'Better Call Saul' is underway and we could not be more proud of nor more excited about the work to date. We join the fans in eager anticipation for this series and today we happily confirm that our initial Saul order is for two seasons and a total of 23 episodes," AMC president Charlie Collier says in a statement.
"When introducing any series, especially one with the DNA of 'Breaking Bad', there are countless factors to consider in making sure the show gets the launch it deserves. We have a strong history with Vince, Peter, Bob, the studio and so many involved with this production; we are enjoying the process on 'Saul' and all share a focus on making it a true television event. No half measures."
Jonathan Banks returns as Saul's trusted private investigator/fixer Michael "Mike" Ehrmantraut, who will have a bigger role on the upcoming series. Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston are open to the possibility of reprising their "Bad" roles for "Saul", but nothing has been confirmed yet.
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest