Harrison Ford Looks Forward to Returning to 'Star Wars Episode VII' Filming
Harrison Ford's publicist finally opens up on the actor's on-set injury. A representative confirmed that Ford's left leg was injured while he was filming "Star Wars Episode VII" at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire last week.
Ford was airlifted to John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford after a hydraulic door to Millennium Falcon allegedly fell on him. "Harrison Ford's left leg was broken in an accident," his rep said in a statement. "His surgery was successful and he will begin rehab shortly. He's doing well and looks forward to returning to work."
Ford reportedly will be sidelined from the filming for at least two months. Disney Studios said in a statement last week, "He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care. Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates."
The 71-year-old actor is reprising his iconic role as Han Solo in the new installation of "Star Wars" movie directed by J.J. Abrams. Slated for a December 18, 2015, the movie is also being shot in Abu Dhabi.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair