Harrison Ford Looks Forward to Returning to 'Star Wars Episode VII' Filming
Harrison Ford's publicist finally opens up on the actor's on-set injury. A representative confirmed that Ford's left leg was injured while he was filming "Star Wars Episode VII" at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire last week.
Ford was airlifted to John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford after a hydraulic door to Millennium Falcon allegedly fell on him. "Harrison Ford's left leg was broken in an accident," his rep said in a statement. "His surgery was successful and he will begin rehab shortly. He's doing well and looks forward to returning to work."
Ford reportedly will be sidelined from the filming for at least two months. Disney Studios said in a statement last week, "He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care. Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates."
The 71-year-old actor is reprising his iconic role as Han Solo in the new installation of "Star Wars" movie directed by J.J. Abrams. Slated for a December 18, 2015, the movie is also being shot in Abu Dhabi.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed