Harrison Ford Looks Forward to Returning to 'Star Wars Episode VII' Filming
Harrison Ford's publicist finally opens up on the actor's on-set injury. A representative confirmed that Ford's left leg was injured while he was filming "Star Wars Episode VII" at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire last week.
Ford was airlifted to John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford after a hydraulic door to Millennium Falcon allegedly fell on him. "Harrison Ford's left leg was broken in an accident," his rep said in a statement. "His surgery was successful and he will begin rehab shortly. He's doing well and looks forward to returning to work."
Ford reportedly will be sidelined from the filming for at least two months. Disney Studios said in a statement last week, "He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care. Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates."
The 71-year-old actor is reprising his iconic role as Han Solo in the new installation of "Star Wars" movie directed by J.J. Abrams. Slated for a December 18, 2015, the movie is also being shot in Abu Dhabi.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival