Harrison Ford Looks Forward to Returning to 'Star Wars Episode VII' Filming
Harrison Ford's publicist finally opens up on the actor's on-set injury. A representative confirmed that Ford's left leg was injured while he was filming "Star Wars Episode VII" at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire last week.
Ford was airlifted to John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford after a hydraulic door to Millennium Falcon allegedly fell on him. "Harrison Ford's left leg was broken in an accident," his rep said in a statement. "His surgery was successful and he will begin rehab shortly. He's doing well and looks forward to returning to work."
Ford reportedly will be sidelined from the filming for at least two months. Disney Studios said in a statement last week, "He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care. Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates."
The 71-year-old actor is reprising his iconic role as Han Solo in the new installation of "Star Wars" movie directed by J.J. Abrams. Slated for a December 18, 2015, the movie is also being shot in Abu Dhabi.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Topless Kim Kardashian and North West Are Included in New Kimojis. Get the Sneak Peeks
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Spotted 'Making Out' at Drake's Party
- 'X-Men' Show 'Legion' Gets Series Order at FX. See the First Picture!
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities