Taylor Swift Names Her New Cat After 'Law and Order: SVU' Character
Taylor Swift has a new adorable pet. It's a small white cat named after the tough detective played by Mariska Hargitay on "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit". The country/pop singer introduces her cute furry friend on Instagram with a brief caption, "Meet Olivia Benson."
Of her love for the procedural series, the songstress once said to Teen Vogue, "I sit in my apartment and watch hours of that show. So I sort of feel like me and Olivia are BFFs."
It's not the first time Swift names her pet after her favorite character. She also has a feline named Meredith after Ellen Pompeo's character on "Grey's Anatomy". She explained, "Her name is Meredith - Meredith Grey because she's a gray cat, and because I love 'Grey's Anatomy'."
Meredith even has her own Twitter account. "Love me too pls," reads a post on it shortly after Olivia Benson was introduced to public and people showered the newcomer with attention.
love me too pls 😿— Meredith Swift (@MeredithKitty) June 19, 2014
More Taylor Swift News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes