'Big Brother 16' Twists and New House Revealed
New rules will apply in the upcoming installment of "Big Brother". In what is dubbed the most "twisted" season ever, the show will name two Houseguests as the Head of Household (HOH) each week. Each HOH will have a chance to nominate two fellow Houseguests for eviction every week, but the HOHs will not be automatically safe for the week.
The second twist is called "Team America", which is a new interactive element that will allow viewers "to significantly influence the game from home." Additionally, this season's "Big Brother" will introduce a new competition, Battle of the Block, "which will dramatically shift the power in the house each week."
"When the Houseguests learn about the new twists, they will need to throw out any pre-existing strategy if they want to survive in the game," says Allison Grodner, Executive Producer of "Big Brother". "The new Battle of the Block competition will shake up the power in the house like never before. A Houseguest can go from zero to hero, or vice versa, every week!"
More details about the twists will be revealed during the two-night premiere of "Big Brother 16" on Wednesday, June 25 at 8 P.M. ET/PT and Thursday, June 26 at 9 P.M. ET/PT on CBS.
Meanwhile, pictures of the "urban treehouse"-themed house have been unveiled. The images give a look at the Hydroponic Garden, the fire-themed bedroom, the honeycomb-shaped break room, and a 20-foot-tall tree sculpture made of steel and wood in the living room.
"A note from the network was that they wanted it to feel urban, young and playful, and urban treehouse seemed like a perfect place to start," production designer Scott Storey explains to The Hollywood Reporter. He adds, "All of the bedrooms - in keeping with the nature theme - are either earth, wind, ice or fire, all represented in the house."
More Big Brother News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers