Official Cast for 'Straight Outta Compton' Announced, First Look Revealed
Universal Pictures announces the official main cast for N.W.A biopic "Straight Outta Compton". O'Shea Jackson Jr., Corey Hawkins, and Jason Mitchell are set to play Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, and the late Eazy-E respectively. They are seen posing for a picture with producers Dr. Dre and Ice Cube along with director F. Gary Gray.
Dr. Dre originally wanted Michael B. Jordan to play him in the drama, but the actor who rose to stardom with "Fruitvale Station" was already attached to "The Fantastic Four". Before the official announcement was made, Marcus Callender was rumored landing the role. Meanwhile, Cube has long been lobbying to get his son Jackson Jr. in the biopic.
The movie will depict the rise and fall of the Compton, California-based rap group N.W.A. Other members of the hip-hop group included MC Ren and DJ Yella. Arabian Prince was also among the founding members, but he left shortly after MC Ren joined the gang. Eazy-E's widow Tomica Woods-Wright will serve as a producer along with Cube and Dre.
The movie is scheduled to be released on August 14, 2015, which was originally booked for an untitled new Bourne movie. The Jeremy Renner starrer is now pushed back to July 15, 2016.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance