Official Cast for 'Straight Outta Compton' Announced, First Look Revealed
Universal Pictures announces the official main cast for N.W.A biopic "Straight Outta Compton". O'Shea Jackson Jr., Corey Hawkins, and Jason Mitchell are set to play Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, and the late Eazy-E respectively. They are seen posing for a picture with producers Dr. Dre and Ice Cube along with director F. Gary Gray.
Dr. Dre originally wanted Michael B. Jordan to play him in the drama, but the actor who rose to stardom with "Fruitvale Station" was already attached to "The Fantastic Four". Before the official announcement was made, Marcus Callender was rumored landing the role. Meanwhile, Cube has long been lobbying to get his son Jackson Jr. in the biopic.
The movie will depict the rise and fall of the Compton, California-based rap group N.W.A. Other members of the hip-hop group included MC Ren and DJ Yella. Arabian Prince was also among the founding members, but he left shortly after MC Ren joined the gang. Eazy-E's widow Tomica Woods-Wright will serve as a producer along with Cube and Dre.
The movie is scheduled to be released on August 14, 2015, which was originally booked for an untitled new Bourne movie. The Jeremy Renner starrer is now pushed back to July 15, 2016.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics