Pitbull Receives Honorary Degree, Flashes Middle Finger in Photo
Pitbull apparently is happy after receiving a honorary degree from Doral College in Miami earlier this month. On Wednesday, June 18, he took to Twitter to share the news, uploading a photo of him posing with his diploma and flashing his middle finger. "For those that didn't believe #dale," he captioned the snap. The "Give Me Everything" rapper can be seen sporting a wide smile in the photo.
The Miami native, whose real name is Armando Christian Perez, receives the honorary degree for his contribution in improving access to education in his community. "It is our privilege to award this incredible artist, businessman and South Floridian with this prestigious honor," said Anitere Flores, president of Doral College, as reported by Local 10.
During his speech, Jennifer Lopez's collaborator in 2014 World Cup song "We Are One" shared a story of his childhood. "I remember being kicked out of a public school because I didn't have the right address. That's why I want better schools for the kids who live where I grew up," he recalled.
"That's why Doral Academy was founded, and that's why I helped create SLAM (Sports Leadership and Management Academy) in the neighborhood where I grew up - a school that offers a choice for students, like me, students who need someone to inspire them, someone to believe in them," the "Timber" hitmaker added.
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd