Pitbull Receives Honorary Degree, Flashes Middle Finger in Photo
Pitbull apparently is happy after receiving a honorary degree from Doral College in Miami earlier this month. On Wednesday, June 18, he took to Twitter to share the news, uploading a photo of him posing with his diploma and flashing his middle finger. "For those that didn't believe #dale," he captioned the snap. The "Give Me Everything" rapper can be seen sporting a wide smile in the photo.
The Miami native, whose real name is Armando Christian Perez, receives the honorary degree for his contribution in improving access to education in his community. "It is our privilege to award this incredible artist, businessman and South Floridian with this prestigious honor," said Anitere Flores, president of Doral College, as reported by Local 10.
During his speech, Jennifer Lopez's collaborator in 2014 World Cup song "We Are One" shared a story of his childhood. "I remember being kicked out of a public school because I didn't have the right address. That's why I want better schools for the kids who live where I grew up," he recalled.
"That's why Doral Academy was founded, and that's why I helped create SLAM (Sports Leadership and Management Academy) in the neighborhood where I grew up - a school that offers a choice for students, like me, students who need someone to inspire them, someone to believe in them," the "Timber" hitmaker added.
More Pitbull News
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes