Pitbull Receives Honorary Degree, Flashes Middle Finger in Photo
Pitbull apparently is happy after receiving a honorary degree from Doral College in Miami earlier this month. On Wednesday, June 18, he took to Twitter to share the news, uploading a photo of him posing with his diploma and flashing his middle finger. "For those that didn't believe #dale," he captioned the snap. The "Give Me Everything" rapper can be seen sporting a wide smile in the photo.
The Miami native, whose real name is Armando Christian Perez, receives the honorary degree for his contribution in improving access to education in his community. "It is our privilege to award this incredible artist, businessman and South Floridian with this prestigious honor," said Anitere Flores, president of Doral College, as reported by Local 10.
During his speech, Jennifer Lopez's collaborator in 2014 World Cup song "We Are One" shared a story of his childhood. "I remember being kicked out of a public school because I didn't have the right address. That's why I want better schools for the kids who live where I grew up," he recalled.
"That's why Doral Academy was founded, and that's why I helped create SLAM (Sports Leadership and Management Academy) in the neighborhood where I grew up - a school that offers a choice for students, like me, students who need someone to inspire them, someone to believe in them," the "Timber" hitmaker added.
- Khloe Kardashian Accused of Photoshopping Her Workout Pic. See It Yourself!
- Miley Cyrus Goes Shopping in Malibu in Tiny Bikini
- Lea Michele and Ashley Tisdale Team Up for Breathtaking Cover of 'Dancing on My Own'
- Pauly D Splits From Aubrey O'Day After a Year and a Half of Dating
- J.R.R. Tolkien Biopic Eyeing 'X-Men' Star Nicholas Hoult for Lead Role
- Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn Hide Behind Umbrella While Heading to the Gym
- 'America's Got Talent': Tennessee Singer Gets DJ Khaled's Golden Buzzer for His Original Song
- Ciara Gets Slammed After Taking Her Baby on 'Dangerous' Waterslide in China