Quentin Tarantino to Write Django/Zorro Comic Book Crossover
A new comic book that revolves around Django Freeman, the main character in Quentin Tarantino's 2012 Oscar-winning film, is in the works. The original script for "Django Unchained" was first adapted into graphic novel in 2013, and now the gun-totting hero is brought back into comic pages with a new adventure where he will cross path with the iconic masked swordsman Zorro.
The story is set to be co-plotted by Tarantino along with Matt Wagner who is known for creating acclaimed comic series like "Mage" and "Grendel". Reginald Hudlin, who scripted "Django Unchained" comic and produced the movie, will work closely with the writing duo as the editor for the upcoming graphic novel due later this year via Dynamite and DC Entertainment.
"I'm very very excited about both this story and the opportunity to work with Matt," Tarantino said in a statement. "It was reading his Zorro stories that convinced me what a good idea it was to join these two icons together. And the story idea we came up with is thrilling, and I think will be an exciting new chapter for both characters."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance