Quentin Tarantino to Write Django/Zorro Comic Book Crossover
A new comic book that revolves around Django Freeman, the main character in Quentin Tarantino's 2012 Oscar-winning film, is in the works. The original script for "Django Unchained" was first adapted into graphic novel in 2013, and now the gun-totting hero is brought back into comic pages with a new adventure where he will cross path with the iconic masked swordsman Zorro.
The story is set to be co-plotted by Tarantino along with Matt Wagner who is known for creating acclaimed comic series like "Mage" and "Grendel". Reginald Hudlin, who scripted "Django Unchained" comic and produced the movie, will work closely with the writing duo as the editor for the upcoming graphic novel due later this year via Dynamite and DC Entertainment.
"I'm very very excited about both this story and the opportunity to work with Matt," Tarantino said in a statement. "It was reading his Zorro stories that convinced me what a good idea it was to join these two icons together. And the story idea we came up with is thrilling, and I think will be an exciting new chapter for both characters."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group