Quentin Tarantino to Write Django/Zorro Comic Book Crossover
A new comic book that revolves around Django Freeman, the main character in Quentin Tarantino's 2012 Oscar-winning film, is in the works. The original script for "Django Unchained" was first adapted into graphic novel in 2013, and now the gun-totting hero is brought back into comic pages with a new adventure where he will cross path with the iconic masked swordsman Zorro.
The story is set to be co-plotted by Tarantino along with Matt Wagner who is known for creating acclaimed comic series like "Mage" and "Grendel". Reginald Hudlin, who scripted "Django Unchained" comic and produced the movie, will work closely with the writing duo as the editor for the upcoming graphic novel due later this year via Dynamite and DC Entertainment.
"I'm very very excited about both this story and the opportunity to work with Matt," Tarantino said in a statement. "It was reading his Zorro stories that convinced me what a good idea it was to join these two icons together. And the story idea we came up with is thrilling, and I think will be an exciting new chapter for both characters."
- Will Smith Deals With Mythical Creatures in 'Bright' First Teaser
- Ryan Gosling, Felicity Jones, Emma Stone and More Read Oscars Edition of 'Mean Tweets'
- John Legend Performs 'La La Land' Soundtracks Perfectly at Oscars
- Ariana Grande Gets People Making Out in Public in 'Everyday' Music Video Ft. Future
- Warren Beatty Is the New Steve Harvey After Oscar Best Picture Flub
- Pregnant Cheryl Moves In With Beau Liam Payne as They Prepare for Baby's Arrival
- Kylie Jenner Is Rushing to Get Married to Tyga
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion