Sam Smith Joined by Mary J. Blige for 'Stay With Me' at New York Gig
Sam Smith brought out a special guest when he played a concert at The Apollo Theater in New York City on Tuesday night, June 17. The British sensation was in the middle of performing his hit "Stay With Me" when Mary J. Blige appeared onstage.
The crowd went wild as the R&B queen walked on the stage wearing an all-black outfit and a pair of black heels. She beautifully sang the second verse and backed Smith as he tackled the chorus. The two shared a big hug once they finished the track.
"Last night was one of the greatest moments of my life. I love you @maryjblige," Smith tweeted after the performance. Blige then responded, "I love you too. U R Amazing & Anointed."
"Stay With Me" is a track from Smith's debut album, "In the Lonely Hour". The record was released in the U.S. on Tuesday, June 17 and has been projected to land at No. 2 on Billboard 200's next week. The LP peaked at No. 1 on the albums chart in his home country upon its release last month.
- Comic-Con: 'Sherlock' Season 4 Trailer Teases the Demons Within, Star Says It's the Darkest Season
- Moving on? Iggy Azalea Spotted Cozying Up to French Montana at Las Vegas Club
- Lil Wayne Abruptly Walks Off Stage at Marijuana Festival After Just 10 Minutes
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video