Sam Smith Joined by Mary J. Blige for 'Stay With Me' at New York Gig
Sam Smith brought out a special guest when he played a concert at The Apollo Theater in New York City on Tuesday night, June 17. The British sensation was in the middle of performing his hit "Stay With Me" when Mary J. Blige appeared onstage.
The crowd went wild as the R&B queen walked on the stage wearing an all-black outfit and a pair of black heels. She beautifully sang the second verse and backed Smith as he tackled the chorus. The two shared a big hug once they finished the track.
"Last night was one of the greatest moments of my life. I love you @maryjblige," Smith tweeted after the performance. Blige then responded, "I love you too. U R Amazing & Anointed."
"Stay With Me" is a track from Smith's debut album, "In the Lonely Hour". The record was released in the U.S. on Tuesday, June 17 and has been projected to land at No. 2 on Billboard 200's next week. The LP peaked at No. 1 on the albums chart in his home country upon its release last month.
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo
- 'Transformers' Star Isabela Moner Lands Key Role in 'Sicario' Sequel 'Soldado'
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!