Sam Smith Joined by Mary J. Blige for 'Stay With Me' at New York Gig
Sam Smith brought out a special guest when he played a concert at The Apollo Theater in New York City on Tuesday night, June 17. The British sensation was in the middle of performing his hit "Stay With Me" when Mary J. Blige appeared onstage.
The crowd went wild as the R&B queen walked on the stage wearing an all-black outfit and a pair of black heels. She beautifully sang the second verse and backed Smith as he tackled the chorus. The two shared a big hug once they finished the track.
"Last night was one of the greatest moments of my life. I love you @maryjblige," Smith tweeted after the performance. Blige then responded, "I love you too. U R Amazing & Anointed."
"Stay With Me" is a track from Smith's debut album, "In the Lonely Hour". The record was released in the U.S. on Tuesday, June 17 and has been projected to land at No. 2 on Billboard 200's next week. The LP peaked at No. 1 on the albums chart in his home country upon its release last month.
- DJ Snake Unveils Snippet of Selena Gomez's Version of 'Let Me Love You'
- Britney Spears Calls James Corden 'So Dirty' in Sneak Peek of Their Carpool Karaoke
- Blac Chyna Sued Over Car Crash Caused by Her Friend
- Tyga Ordered to Pay Another Former Landlord $186,000 for Damages
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'