Sam Smith Joined by Mary J. Blige for 'Stay With Me' at New York Gig
Sam Smith brought out a special guest when he played a concert at The Apollo Theater in New York City on Tuesday night, June 17. The British sensation was in the middle of performing his hit "Stay With Me" when Mary J. Blige appeared onstage.
The crowd went wild as the R&B queen walked on the stage wearing an all-black outfit and a pair of black heels. She beautifully sang the second verse and backed Smith as he tackled the chorus. The two shared a big hug once they finished the track.
"Last night was one of the greatest moments of my life. I love you @maryjblige," Smith tweeted after the performance. Blige then responded, "I love you too. U R Amazing & Anointed."
"Stay With Me" is a track from Smith's debut album, "In the Lonely Hour". The record was released in the U.S. on Tuesday, June 17 and has been projected to land at No. 2 on Billboard 200's next week. The LP peaked at No. 1 on the albums chart in his home country upon its release last month.
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video
- Jennifer Garner Reportedly 'Suspicious' of Ben Affleck's Relationship With His Detox Nurse
- 'Saturday Night Live' Mocks Trump's Inauguration With Shirtless Putin
- Brad Pitt Is Living a Healthy New Life Following Angelina Jolie Split
- New Couple Alert? Iggy Azalea Spotted Making Out With Music Producer LJay Currie in Mexico
- Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Madonna Perform at Women's March on Washington
- Is Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage to Portia de Rossi in Trouble?