Sam Smith Joined by Mary J. Blige for 'Stay With Me' at New York Gig
Sam Smith brought out a special guest when he played a concert at The Apollo Theater in New York City on Tuesday night, June 17. The British sensation was in the middle of performing his hit "Stay With Me" when Mary J. Blige appeared onstage.
The crowd went wild as the R&B queen walked on the stage wearing an all-black outfit and a pair of black heels. She beautifully sang the second verse and backed Smith as he tackled the chorus. The two shared a big hug once they finished the track.
"Last night was one of the greatest moments of my life. I love you @maryjblige," Smith tweeted after the performance. Blige then responded, "I love you too. U R Amazing & Anointed."
"Stay With Me" is a track from Smith's debut album, "In the Lonely Hour". The record was released in the U.S. on Tuesday, June 17 and has been projected to land at No. 2 on Billboard 200's next week. The LP peaked at No. 1 on the albums chart in his home country upon its release last month.
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up
- Steve Harvey Announces Daughter's Engagement Amid Career Mess
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan Will Be Missing Several Episodes of Season 8
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 14 Continues With New York Auditions
- Kelly Osbourne Pees Herself After Denied Entry to Starbucks