Ashley Benson Wins Temporary Restraining Order Against Ex-Security Guard
Ashley Benson has just obtained a temporary restraining order against a man named James P. Gorton who believes "he has been instructed by God to pursue" her "romantically." According to E! News, the "Pretty Little Liars" star submitted her petition to Los Angeles Superior Court on Tuesday, June 17.
In the document, Benson said that she learned of the 49-year-old married man's interest in her after her manager Thor Bradwell showed her a photo of Gorton. The actress recognized him as a security guard at the Warner Bros. lot in Burbank, Calif. where the ABC Family series is filmed.
Benson's manager told her that "Gorton has expressed sexual feelings" toward her and he "had stated that he is acting under instructions from God to pursue a romantic relationship" with her. Gorton apparently fell in love with Benson "over a year ago" after he saw her at a coffee shop near the lot. "I am also told that Mr. Gorton believes that God has spoken to him through my character on 'Pretty Little Liars'," Benson said.
After learning of Gorton's behavior, Benson felt "anxious, worried and fearful." Although Gorton no longer works on the lot, she still feels "concerned and afraid" that he will approach her at home.
Gorton is now ordered to stay at least 100 yards away from the "Spring Breakers" star. A hearing for the case is scheduled for July 9.
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too