Ashley Benson Wins Temporary Restraining Order Against Ex-Security Guard
Ashley Benson has just obtained a temporary restraining order against a man named James P. Gorton who believes "he has been instructed by God to pursue" her "romantically." According to E! News, the "Pretty Little Liars" star submitted her petition to Los Angeles Superior Court on Tuesday, June 17.
In the document, Benson said that she learned of the 49-year-old married man's interest in her after her manager Thor Bradwell showed her a photo of Gorton. The actress recognized him as a security guard at the Warner Bros. lot in Burbank, Calif. where the ABC Family series is filmed.
Benson's manager told her that "Gorton has expressed sexual feelings" toward her and he "had stated that he is acting under instructions from God to pursue a romantic relationship" with her. Gorton apparently fell in love with Benson "over a year ago" after he saw her at a coffee shop near the lot. "I am also told that Mr. Gorton believes that God has spoken to him through my character on 'Pretty Little Liars'," Benson said.
After learning of Gorton's behavior, Benson felt "anxious, worried and fearful." Although Gorton no longer works on the lot, she still feels "concerned and afraid" that he will approach her at home.
Gorton is now ordered to stay at least 100 yards away from the "Spring Breakers" star. A hearing for the case is scheduled for July 9.
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4