'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Pleads Not Guilty in Wife's Murder
Actor Michael Jace, who is accused of killing his wife of 10 years April Jace in May, has entered not guilty plea. The actor, who probably is mostly known for his role on FX's "The Shield", made appearance in court on Wednesday, June 18.
During the court meeting, Jace, who appeared in court wearing a yellow uniform, additionally is ordered to stay away from his two sons with April if he's released. His bail is set at $2 million. A preliminary hearing for the case is scheduled for August 1.
As reported by BBC, Jace's lawyer Jason Sias said Jace might ask reduction of his bail. Sias also commented on the stay-away order after the court meeting, saying, "Mr. Jace is just concerned about his children."
Jace's wife was found dead at their home in Los Angeles on May 19. Jace allegedly shot her multiple times when their children were at home and called the emergency dispatcher. The couple's young sons now live with relatives. Neighbors who heard the gunshots also called the emergency number.
Earlier this month, a 911 recording of Jace's father-in-law was released by the Los Angeles Fire Department. The recording suggested that the actor called him after shooting his wife and asked him to pick the children. "My son-in-law called me, and (texted) me, and said come get the kids because he shot April, our daughter," he said in the phone call.
More Michael Jace News
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage