'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Pleads Not Guilty in Wife's Murder
Actor Michael Jace, who is accused of killing his wife of 10 years April Jace in May, has entered not guilty plea. The actor, who probably is mostly known for his role on FX's "The Shield", made appearance in court on Wednesday, June 18.
During the court meeting, Jace, who appeared in court wearing a yellow uniform, additionally is ordered to stay away from his two sons with April if he's released. His bail is set at $2 million. A preliminary hearing for the case is scheduled for August 1.
As reported by BBC, Jace's lawyer Jason Sias said Jace might ask reduction of his bail. Sias also commented on the stay-away order after the court meeting, saying, "Mr. Jace is just concerned about his children."
Jace's wife was found dead at their home in Los Angeles on May 19. Jace allegedly shot her multiple times when their children were at home and called the emergency dispatcher. The couple's young sons now live with relatives. Neighbors who heard the gunshots also called the emergency number.
Earlier this month, a 911 recording of Jace's father-in-law was released by the Los Angeles Fire Department. The recording suggested that the actor called him after shooting his wife and asked him to pick the children. "My son-in-law called me, and (texted) me, and said come get the kids because he shot April, our daughter," he said in the phone call.
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound