Martin Sheen to Play Jane Fonda's Husband on Netflix's New Comedy
Martin Sheen has landed a new TV gig. The veteran actor has signed up for Netflix's new comedy "Grace and Frankie", which has already had Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin on board to tackle the titular roles.
The father of actor Charlie Sheen will play the husband of Fonda's character, Grace, on the 13-episode single-camera comedy. The twist is, Sheen's character and Frankie's husband fall in love with each other and plan to get married.
The women, who have been longtime nemeses, find that their lives are permanently intertwined and, much to their surprise, they find they have each other.
The comedy is written and created by "Friends" co-creator Marta Kauffman and Howard J. Morris ("Sullivan & Son"). The two, along with Fonda, Tomlin, Paula Weinstein and Skydance's David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Marcy Ross, will serve as executive producers.
The project, which reunites "9 to 5" stars Fonda and Tomlin, is slated for a 2015 debut. Tate Taylor ("The Help"), who also serves as executive producer of the series, will direct the first episode.
Sheen has a regular role on his son's sitcom "Anger Management" after initially joining as a guest star in the first season. In the big screen, he recently made a brief appearance on Marc Webb's "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", reprising his role as Ben Parker, and will next be seen in "Trash" and "The 33".
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details