Martin Sheen to Play Jane Fonda's Husband on Netflix's New Comedy
Martin Sheen has landed a new TV gig. The veteran actor has signed up for Netflix's new comedy "Grace and Frankie", which has already had Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin on board to tackle the titular roles.
The father of actor Charlie Sheen will play the husband of Fonda's character, Grace, on the 13-episode single-camera comedy. The twist is, Sheen's character and Frankie's husband fall in love with each other and plan to get married.
The women, who have been longtime nemeses, find that their lives are permanently intertwined and, much to their surprise, they find they have each other.
The comedy is written and created by "Friends" co-creator Marta Kauffman and Howard J. Morris ("Sullivan & Son"). The two, along with Fonda, Tomlin, Paula Weinstein and Skydance's David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Marcy Ross, will serve as executive producers.
The project, which reunites "9 to 5" stars Fonda and Tomlin, is slated for a 2015 debut. Tate Taylor ("The Help"), who also serves as executive producer of the series, will direct the first episode.
Sheen has a regular role on his son's sitcom "Anger Management" after initially joining as a guest star in the first season. In the big screen, he recently made a brief appearance on Marc Webb's "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", reprising his role as Ben Parker, and will next be seen in "Trash" and "The 33".
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak