Martin Sheen to Play Jane Fonda's Husband on Netflix's New Comedy
Martin Sheen has landed a new TV gig. The veteran actor has signed up for Netflix's new comedy "Grace and Frankie", which has already had Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin on board to tackle the titular roles.
The father of actor Charlie Sheen will play the husband of Fonda's character, Grace, on the 13-episode single-camera comedy. The twist is, Sheen's character and Frankie's husband fall in love with each other and plan to get married.
The women, who have been longtime nemeses, find that their lives are permanently intertwined and, much to their surprise, they find they have each other.
The comedy is written and created by "Friends" co-creator Marta Kauffman and Howard J. Morris ("Sullivan & Son"). The two, along with Fonda, Tomlin, Paula Weinstein and Skydance's David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Marcy Ross, will serve as executive producers.
The project, which reunites "9 to 5" stars Fonda and Tomlin, is slated for a 2015 debut. Tate Taylor ("The Help"), who also serves as executive producer of the series, will direct the first episode.
Sheen has a regular role on his son's sitcom "Anger Management" after initially joining as a guest star in the first season. In the big screen, he recently made a brief appearance on Marc Webb's "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", reprising his role as Ben Parker, and will next be seen in "Trash" and "The 33".
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival