Jack White's 'Lazaretto' Debuts Atop Billboard 200, Sets Vinyl Album Record
Jack White's newest album, "Lazaretto", has made its way out to No. 1 on this week's Billboard 200. Nielsen SoundScan reports that the singer's second solo effort, which becomes the only new album to land within the chart's top 10, sells 138,000.
This marks White's second album to top Billboard 200 as his previous release, 2012's "Blunderbuss", also came at No. 1 with 138,000 sold in its first week. Additionally, "Lazaretto" sets a new record on Billboard Vinyl Album chart.
The vinyl edition of the LP sells 40,000 copies and posts largest sales week for a vinyl album since SoundScan began tracking sales in 1991.
Next on Billboard 200, last week's No. 1 Miranda Lambert's "Platinum" falls to No. 2 with 62,000. Also slipping one rung are the soundtrack album of Disney's "Frozen (2013)", which is now at No. 3 with 50,000, and Brantley Gilbert's "Just as I Am" that lands at No. 4 with 40,000.
Meanwhile, the soundtrack of "The Fault in Our Stars" climbs to No. 5 from last week's No. 8 with 38,000, its best sales week so far. Spending another week at No. 6 is the "Now 50" album. The compilation set sells additional 34,000 copies.
Coldplay's "Ghost Stories" falls from No. 5 to No. 7 with nearly 34,000. Returning to the top 10 are The Black Keys' "Turn Blue" and Michael Jackson's "Xscape", which sit at No. 8 and No. 9 with 26,000 and 25,000 respectively. Closing out the top 10, "Now That's What I Call Country: Volume 7" jumps from last week's No. 11 with 22,000.
- "Lazaretto" - Jack White (138,000)
- "Platinum" - Miranda Lambert (62,000)
- "Frozen (2013)" Soundtrack - Various Artists (50,000)
- "Just As I Am" - Brantley Gilbert (40,000)
- "The Fault in Our Stars" Soundtrack - Various Artists (38,000)
- The "Now 50" Album - Various Artists (34,000)
- "Ghost Stories" - Coldplay (34,000)
- "Turn Blue" - The Black Keys (26,000)
- "Xscape" - Michael Jackson (25,000)
- "Now That's What I Call Country: Volume 7" - Various Artists (22,000)
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed