Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony Are Officially and Legally Divorced
Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony are each free to remarry. The former couple are officially divorced ten years after they got married and three years after they split.
According to court documents, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge John Sandoz officially dissolved the singers' marital union on Monday, June 16. The split was actually finalized for all intents and purposes three months ago but their final judgment package was not entered into the system until now.
The judge awarded the pair joint legal custody of their 6-year-old twins, Max and Emme. Lopez is given the primary custody with Anthony spending seven days a month with them. The children should also be shielded from paparazzi and photographers. "Exposing the children to public spectacle and failing to shield the children from aggressive news organizations, photographers, etc. is not the children's best interest," the judge said.
Anthony filed for divorce on April 9, 2012, asking for joint legal and physical custody of their twins. Lopez filed a response in December 2013, requesting the same. It was Anthony's second marriage and Lopez's third.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny