Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony Are Officially and Legally Divorced
Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony are each free to remarry. The former couple are officially divorced ten years after they got married and three years after they split.
According to court documents, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge John Sandoz officially dissolved the singers' marital union on Monday, June 16. The split was actually finalized for all intents and purposes three months ago but their final judgment package was not entered into the system until now.
The judge awarded the pair joint legal custody of their 6-year-old twins, Max and Emme. Lopez is given the primary custody with Anthony spending seven days a month with them. The children should also be shielded from paparazzi and photographers. "Exposing the children to public spectacle and failing to shield the children from aggressive news organizations, photographers, etc. is not the children's best interest," the judge said.
Anthony filed for divorce on April 9, 2012, asking for joint legal and physical custody of their twins. Lopez filed a response in December 2013, requesting the same. It was Anthony's second marriage and Lopez's third.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama