Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony Are Officially and Legally Divorced
Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony are each free to remarry. The former couple are officially divorced ten years after they got married and three years after they split.
According to court documents, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge John Sandoz officially dissolved the singers' marital union on Monday, June 16. The split was actually finalized for all intents and purposes three months ago but their final judgment package was not entered into the system until now.
The judge awarded the pair joint legal custody of their 6-year-old twins, Max and Emme. Lopez is given the primary custody with Anthony spending seven days a month with them. The children should also be shielded from paparazzi and photographers. "Exposing the children to public spectacle and failing to shield the children from aggressive news organizations, photographers, etc. is not the children's best interest," the judge said.
Anthony filed for divorce on April 9, 2012, asking for joint legal and physical custody of their twins. Lopez filed a response in December 2013, requesting the same. It was Anthony's second marriage and Lopez's third.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics