Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony Are Officially and Legally Divorced
Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony are each free to remarry. The former couple are officially divorced ten years after they got married and three years after they split.
According to court documents, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge John Sandoz officially dissolved the singers' marital union on Monday, June 16. The split was actually finalized for all intents and purposes three months ago but their final judgment package was not entered into the system until now.
The judge awarded the pair joint legal custody of their 6-year-old twins, Max and Emme. Lopez is given the primary custody with Anthony spending seven days a month with them. The children should also be shielded from paparazzi and photographers. "Exposing the children to public spectacle and failing to shield the children from aggressive news organizations, photographers, etc. is not the children's best interest," the judge said.
Anthony filed for divorce on April 9, 2012, asking for joint legal and physical custody of their twins. Lopez filed a response in December 2013, requesting the same. It was Anthony's second marriage and Lopez's third.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture