Report: Malia Obama Ordered to Fetch Coffee While Working on 'Extant' Set
President Obama's daughter Malia Obama started her job in filming set just like other people who had to start from the bottom. According to a report by TMZ, the 15-year-old Malia, who worked as a production assistant, spent much of her days on the set of Halle Berry's "Extant" fetching coffee for other crew members.
According to the report, Malia's other task during her one-week stint includes helping the crew block people from walking through scenes during shooting. Secret service agents reportedly were always with her when she was on the set, but they kept their distance.
Despite her status as the President's daughter, there were some people on the filming set who did not recognize her. One day, a crew member reportedly chatted with her about sports just to be friendly.
Back in 2012, First Lady Michele Obama told PEOPLE that her daughter was interested in filmmaking. "Just like her father, she is an avid reader, and she enjoys movies. But she's a freshman, so she also knows she has years in college to explore her interest," she explained.
An earlier report about Malia's job on filming set suggested that the teenager "helped with computer shop alignments and the director also let her slate a take." According to the report, Malia's comment on the job was, "My first time. This is a big deal."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'