Report: Malia Obama Ordered to Fetch Coffee While Working on 'Extant' Set
President Obama's daughter Malia Obama started her job in filming set just like other people who had to start from the bottom. According to a report by TMZ, the 15-year-old Malia, who worked as a production assistant, spent much of her days on the set of Halle Berry's "Extant" fetching coffee for other crew members.
According to the report, Malia's other task during her one-week stint includes helping the crew block people from walking through scenes during shooting. Secret service agents reportedly were always with her when she was on the set, but they kept their distance.
Despite her status as the President's daughter, there were some people on the filming set who did not recognize her. One day, a crew member reportedly chatted with her about sports just to be friendly.
Back in 2012, First Lady Michele Obama told PEOPLE that her daughter was interested in filmmaking. "Just like her father, she is an avid reader, and she enjoys movies. But she's a freshman, so she also knows she has years in college to explore her interest," she explained.
An earlier report about Malia's job on filming set suggested that the teenager "helped with computer shop alignments and the director also let her slate a take." According to the report, Malia's comment on the job was, "My first time. This is a big deal."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked