Melanie Griffith Erases Antonio Banderas Tattoo at First Appearance After Split
Melanie Griffith makes her first red carpet appearance after announcing separation from her husband Antonio Banderas in Italy. The Oscar-nominated actress attended the Taormina Film Festival on Tuesday afternoon, June 17. During her appearance, Griffith's "Antonio" tattoo which is inked on her upper arm appeared to have been covered with some make up. She also ditched her wedding ring.
At the film festival, Griffith rocked a printed dress with sheer part around the neck. She was joined by Eva Longoria at the Italian event. "On our way to Taormina Film Festival! @MelanieGriffith," the "Desperate Housewives" alum captioned a photo of her and the "Working Girl" actress.
Griffith and Banderas had been married for 18 years before announcing their separation earlier this month. In a joint statement, they said, "We have thoughtfully and consensually decided to finalize our almost twenty years marriage in a loving and friendly manner honoring and respecting each other, our family and friends and the beautiful time we have spent together - Melanie & Antonio."
According to TMZ, Griffith cited irreconcilable differences as the reason of their separation. She reportedly wanted child support and sole physical & joint legal custody of their 17-year-old daughter as well as spousal support.
More Melanie Griffith News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding