Melanie Griffith Erases Antonio Banderas Tattoo at First Appearance After Split
Melanie Griffith makes her first red carpet appearance after announcing separation from her husband Antonio Banderas in Italy. The Oscar-nominated actress attended the Taormina Film Festival on Tuesday afternoon, June 17. During her appearance, Griffith's "Antonio" tattoo which is inked on her upper arm appeared to have been covered with some make up. She also ditched her wedding ring.
At the film festival, Griffith rocked a printed dress with sheer part around the neck. She was joined by Eva Longoria at the Italian event. "On our way to Taormina Film Festival! @MelanieGriffith," the "Desperate Housewives" alum captioned a photo of her and the "Working Girl" actress.
Griffith and Banderas had been married for 18 years before announcing their separation earlier this month. In a joint statement, they said, "We have thoughtfully and consensually decided to finalize our almost twenty years marriage in a loving and friendly manner honoring and respecting each other, our family and friends and the beautiful time we have spent together - Melanie & Antonio."
According to TMZ, Griffith cited irreconcilable differences as the reason of their separation. She reportedly wanted child support and sole physical & joint legal custody of their 17-year-old daughter as well as spousal support.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group