'Boardwalk Empire' Final Season Is Set in the Great Depression
A "Boardwalk Empire" star has shared a juicy detail from the fifth season of the drama series. Speaking during a press day for "The Purge: Anarchy", Michael K. Williams revealed that the next installment would be set during the Great Depression.
"The storyline has jumped seven years [into the future], which is why I have the beard now," the actor spilled the setting of season 5. "The Depression has set in. The days of the shiny shoes and fancy suits are long gone."
Of his character Chalky White who lost his daughter in season 4 finale, Williams said, "It ended very badly for Chalky last year. His family life is no more, and he is desperately seeking Dr. Narcisse to settle old scores."
Asked if it means he would share screen with Jeffrey Wright who plays Dr. Narcisse, he coyly replied, "I hope so. I'm a huge fan of Jeffrey, and I really enjoy working with him."
The fifth and now final season of the period drama will premiere this fall.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie