'Boardwalk Empire' Final Season Is Set in the Great Depression
A "Boardwalk Empire" star has shared a juicy detail from the fifth season of the drama series. Speaking during a press day for "The Purge: Anarchy", Michael K. Williams revealed that the next installment would be set during the Great Depression.
"The storyline has jumped seven years [into the future], which is why I have the beard now," the actor spilled the setting of season 5. "The Depression has set in. The days of the shiny shoes and fancy suits are long gone."
Of his character Chalky White who lost his daughter in season 4 finale, Williams said, "It ended very badly for Chalky last year. His family life is no more, and he is desperately seeking Dr. Narcisse to settle old scores."
Asked if it means he would share screen with Jeffrey Wright who plays Dr. Narcisse, he coyly replied, "I hope so. I'm a huge fan of Jeffrey, and I really enjoy working with him."
The fifth and now final season of the period drama will premiere this fall.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?