'Boardwalk Empire' Final Season Is Set in the Great Depression
A "Boardwalk Empire" star has shared a juicy detail from the fifth season of the drama series. Speaking during a press day for "The Purge: Anarchy", Michael K. Williams revealed that the next installment would be set during the Great Depression.
"The storyline has jumped seven years [into the future], which is why I have the beard now," the actor spilled the setting of season 5. "The Depression has set in. The days of the shiny shoes and fancy suits are long gone."
Of his character Chalky White who lost his daughter in season 4 finale, Williams said, "It ended very badly for Chalky last year. His family life is no more, and he is desperately seeking Dr. Narcisse to settle old scores."
Asked if it means he would share screen with Jeffrey Wright who plays Dr. Narcisse, he coyly replied, "I hope so. I'm a huge fan of Jeffrey, and I really enjoy working with him."
The fifth and now final season of the period drama will premiere this fall.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?