'Boardwalk Empire' Final Season Is Set in the Great Depression
A "Boardwalk Empire" star has shared a juicy detail from the fifth season of the drama series. Speaking during a press day for "The Purge: Anarchy", Michael K. Williams revealed that the next installment would be set during the Great Depression.
"The storyline has jumped seven years [into the future], which is why I have the beard now," the actor spilled the setting of season 5. "The Depression has set in. The days of the shiny shoes and fancy suits are long gone."
Of his character Chalky White who lost his daughter in season 4 finale, Williams said, "It ended very badly for Chalky last year. His family life is no more, and he is desperately seeking Dr. Narcisse to settle old scores."
Asked if it means he would share screen with Jeffrey Wright who plays Dr. Narcisse, he coyly replied, "I hope so. I'm a huge fan of Jeffrey, and I really enjoy working with him."
The fifth and now final season of the period drama will premiere this fall.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video