'Boardwalk Empire' Final Season Is Set in the Great Depression
A "Boardwalk Empire" star has shared a juicy detail from the fifth season of the drama series. Speaking during a press day for "The Purge: Anarchy", Michael K. Williams revealed that the next installment would be set during the Great Depression.
"The storyline has jumped seven years [into the future], which is why I have the beard now," the actor spilled the setting of season 5. "The Depression has set in. The days of the shiny shoes and fancy suits are long gone."
Of his character Chalky White who lost his daughter in season 4 finale, Williams said, "It ended very badly for Chalky last year. His family life is no more, and he is desperately seeking Dr. Narcisse to settle old scores."
Asked if it means he would share screen with Jeffrey Wright who plays Dr. Narcisse, he coyly replied, "I hope so. I'm a huge fan of Jeffrey, and I really enjoy working with him."
The fifth and now final season of the period drama will premiere this fall.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake