OK Go Tricks Viewers in Amazing 'The Writing's on the Wall' Music Video
OK Go released an amazing music video for their "The Writing's on the Wall" on their YouTube channel on Tuesday, June 17. The group, who's best known for dancing on moving treadmills in their 2006 "Here It Goes Again" visuals, now tricks viewers with some optical illusions in the new clip.
In it, they're seen walking around a warehouse and giving viewers interesting perspective views of geometric shapes and illusions. They walk on stairs and standing among boxes that aren't actually there and ride the bicycle upside down.
The four-minute video took three weeks to prepare and 50 takes to get right for one continuous shot, the band told Rolling Stone.
"It was important to me that we didn't add a layer of meaning that's not already there," explained frontman and co-director Damian Kulash. "We wanted to be able to have messages in there, but I didn't want them going throughout the entire song in way that would make you feel like you were reading the whole time."
"The Writing's on the Wall" is a track from OK Go's new album, "Hungry Ghosts", that's due out in October.
OK Go's "The Writing's on the Wall" music video
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'