OK Go Tricks Viewers in Amazing 'The Writing's on the Wall' Music Video
OK Go released an amazing music video for their "The Writing's on the Wall" on their YouTube channel on Tuesday, June 17. The group, who's best known for dancing on moving treadmills in their 2006 "Here It Goes Again" visuals, now tricks viewers with some optical illusions in the new clip.
In it, they're seen walking around a warehouse and giving viewers interesting perspective views of geometric shapes and illusions. They walk on stairs and standing among boxes that aren't actually there and ride the bicycle upside down.
The four-minute video took three weeks to prepare and 50 takes to get right for one continuous shot, the band told Rolling Stone.
"It was important to me that we didn't add a layer of meaning that's not already there," explained frontman and co-director Damian Kulash. "We wanted to be able to have messages in there, but I didn't want them going throughout the entire song in way that would make you feel like you were reading the whole time."
"The Writing's on the Wall" is a track from OK Go's new album, "Hungry Ghosts", that's due out in October.
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?