Clive Owen Is Ruthless Doctor in 'The Knick' First Trailer
After previewed in several teasers, the first trailer for Cinemax's new new series "The Knick" has finally arrived. The video gives a look at bloody scenes in the operation room and follows Clive Owen's doctor character who performs some of the surgeries. It appears that their unconventional methods will cause a demonstration.
"We men kind have progressed so far," Owen says in the video. "We live in a time of endless possibility." He adds, "With every blow I mend, every extra year I give to a patient, I know that at the very least, something has been won."
Set in downtown New York in 1900, the drama centers on the Knickerbocker Hospital and the groundbreaking surgeons, nurses and staff who work there, pushing the bounds of medicine in a time of astonishingly high mortality rates and zero antibiotics.
Owen stars as Doctor John Thackery, a brilliant surgeon pioneering new methods in the field, despite nursing a severe addiction to cocaine. He leads a team of doctors including his protege Dr. Everett Gallinger, the young Dr. Bertie Chickering Jr., and Algernon Edwards, a promising surgeon who's been recently thrust upon him.
Directed by Steven Soderbergh, the new series is also supported by the likes of Andre Holland, Juliet Rylance, Eve Hewson, Michael Angarano and Cara Seymour in the cast. The show will premiere Friday, August 8 on Cinemax.
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order