Clive Owen Is Ruthless Doctor in 'The Knick' First Trailer
After previewed in several teasers, the first trailer for Cinemax's new new series "The Knick" has finally arrived. The video gives a look at bloody scenes in the operation room and follows Clive Owen's doctor character who performs some of the surgeries. It appears that their unconventional methods will cause a demonstration.
"We men kind have progressed so far," Owen says in the video. "We live in a time of endless possibility." He adds, "With every blow I mend, every extra year I give to a patient, I know that at the very least, something has been won."
Set in downtown New York in 1900, the drama centers on the Knickerbocker Hospital and the groundbreaking surgeons, nurses and staff who work there, pushing the bounds of medicine in a time of astonishingly high mortality rates and zero antibiotics.
Owen stars as Doctor John Thackery, a brilliant surgeon pioneering new methods in the field, despite nursing a severe addiction to cocaine. He leads a team of doctors including his protege Dr. Everett Gallinger, the young Dr. Bertie Chickering Jr., and Algernon Edwards, a promising surgeon who's been recently thrust upon him.
Directed by Steven Soderbergh, the new series is also supported by the likes of Andre Holland, Juliet Rylance, Eve Hewson, Michael Angarano and Cara Seymour in the cast. The show will premiere Friday, August 8 on Cinemax.
- Brad Pitt Is Cocky General in Teaser for Netflix's 'War Machine'
- Oprah Winfrey Considers Running for President, Thanks to Donald Trump
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo