Clive Owen Is Ruthless Doctor in 'The Knick' First Trailer
After previewed in several teasers, the first trailer for Cinemax's new new series "The Knick" has finally arrived. The video gives a look at bloody scenes in the operation room and follows Clive Owen's doctor character who performs some of the surgeries. It appears that their unconventional methods will cause a demonstration.
"We men kind have progressed so far," Owen says in the video. "We live in a time of endless possibility." He adds, "With every blow I mend, every extra year I give to a patient, I know that at the very least, something has been won."
Set in downtown New York in 1900, the drama centers on the Knickerbocker Hospital and the groundbreaking surgeons, nurses and staff who work there, pushing the bounds of medicine in a time of astonishingly high mortality rates and zero antibiotics.
Owen stars as Doctor John Thackery, a brilliant surgeon pioneering new methods in the field, despite nursing a severe addiction to cocaine. He leads a team of doctors including his protege Dr. Everett Gallinger, the young Dr. Bertie Chickering Jr., and Algernon Edwards, a promising surgeon who's been recently thrust upon him.
Directed by Steven Soderbergh, the new series is also supported by the likes of Andre Holland, Juliet Rylance, Eve Hewson, Michael Angarano and Cara Seymour in the cast. The show will premiere Friday, August 8 on Cinemax.
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl
- Bella Hadid's 'Hurt and Pissed' The Weeknd Moves On So Fast With Selena Gomez
- Jessica Biel's Thriller 'The Sinner' Gets Series Order at USA Network
- Chelsea Handler Blames the Kardashians for Donald Trump's Election Win. Here's Why
- Lamar Odom Apologizes to Ex Khloe for Her 'Wasted Time and Energy' in Emotional Interview
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character