Lana Del Rey Unveils 'Shades of Cool' Music Video
Lana Del Rey celebrates the release of her new album, "Ultraviolence", by dropping the official music video for promotional track "Shades of Cool". The Jake Nava-directed visuals focuses on the singer's romantic relationship with a much older man.
She's featured swimming in a pool as he watches from another place and dancing with him while smoking a cigarette in a retro house. In another scene, Del Rey appears as a hologram, emotionally singing the song.
The old man in the "Shades of Cool" clip is a Hollywood tattoo artist named Mark Mahoney. He's the same guy who stars in Del Rey's "West Coast" music video that arrived last month.
"Ultraviolence" was officially released in the U.S. on Tuesday, June 17. The follow-up to 2012's "Born to Die", produced by The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach, has also spawned promo single "Brooklyn Baby" and title track "Ultraviolence".
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels