Lana Del Rey Unveils 'Shades of Cool' Music Video
Lana Del Rey celebrates the release of her new album, "Ultraviolence", by dropping the official music video for promotional track "Shades of Cool". The Jake Nava-directed visuals focuses on the singer's romantic relationship with a much older man.
She's featured swimming in a pool as he watches from another place and dancing with him while smoking a cigarette in a retro house. In another scene, Del Rey appears as a hologram, emotionally singing the song.
The old man in the "Shades of Cool" clip is a Hollywood tattoo artist named Mark Mahoney. He's the same guy who stars in Del Rey's "West Coast" music video that arrived last month.
"Ultraviolence" was officially released in the U.S. on Tuesday, June 17. The follow-up to 2012's "Born to Die", produced by The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach, has also spawned promo single "Brooklyn Baby" and title track "Ultraviolence".
Lana Del Rey's "Shades of Cool" music video
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage