Lana Del Rey Unveils 'Shades of Cool' Music Video
Lana Del Rey celebrates the release of her new album, "Ultraviolence", by dropping the official music video for promotional track "Shades of Cool". The Jake Nava-directed visuals focuses on the singer's romantic relationship with a much older man.
She's featured swimming in a pool as he watches from another place and dancing with him while smoking a cigarette in a retro house. In another scene, Del Rey appears as a hologram, emotionally singing the song.
The old man in the "Shades of Cool" clip is a Hollywood tattoo artist named Mark Mahoney. He's the same guy who stars in Del Rey's "West Coast" music video that arrived last month.
"Ultraviolence" was officially released in the U.S. on Tuesday, June 17. The follow-up to 2012's "Born to Die", produced by The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach, has also spawned promo single "Brooklyn Baby" and title track "Ultraviolence".
More Lana Del Rey News
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande