Lana Del Rey Unveils 'Shades of Cool' Music Video
Lana Del Rey celebrates the release of her new album, "Ultraviolence", by dropping the official music video for promotional track "Shades of Cool". The Jake Nava-directed visuals focuses on the singer's romantic relationship with a much older man.
She's featured swimming in a pool as he watches from another place and dancing with him while smoking a cigarette in a retro house. In another scene, Del Rey appears as a hologram, emotionally singing the song.
The old man in the "Shades of Cool" clip is a Hollywood tattoo artist named Mark Mahoney. He's the same guy who stars in Del Rey's "West Coast" music video that arrived last month.
"Ultraviolence" was officially released in the U.S. on Tuesday, June 17. The follow-up to 2012's "Born to Die", produced by The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach, has also spawned promo single "Brooklyn Baby" and title track "Ultraviolence".
- Lindsay Lohan Is Facing Bankruptcy After Failing to Pay Rent on $4.2M London Flat
- Kanye West Shares Emotional Throwback Video of Kim Kardashian on Her 36th Birthday
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'