Lana Del Rey Unveils 'Shades of Cool' Music Video
Lana Del Rey celebrates the release of her new album, "Ultraviolence", by dropping the official music video for promotional track "Shades of Cool". The Jake Nava-directed visuals focuses on the singer's romantic relationship with a much older man.
She's featured swimming in a pool as he watches from another place and dancing with him while smoking a cigarette in a retro house. In another scene, Del Rey appears as a hologram, emotionally singing the song.
The old man in the "Shades of Cool" clip is a Hollywood tattoo artist named Mark Mahoney. He's the same guy who stars in Del Rey's "West Coast" music video that arrived last month.
"Ultraviolence" was officially released in the U.S. on Tuesday, June 17. The follow-up to 2012's "Born to Die", produced by The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach, has also spawned promo single "Brooklyn Baby" and title track "Ultraviolence".
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test