George R.R. Martin Featured in 'Game of Thrones' Funny or Die Spoof
George R.R. Martin has helped Los Angeles-based hair stylist Jonathan Van Ness spoof "Game of Thrones". Van Ness has provided recaps of the hit HBO series in language that the gays will understand since season 3 and the author of "A Song of Fire and Ice" puts a twist in the latest edition of the parody.
After breaking down the season 4 finale, Van Ness gets stabbed by fellow hairdresser Jeffery after the latter confessed his love for the former. The scene cuts to Martin who portrays a grandfather who reads his grandson "a story about a Game of Thrones recap show with an LGBT perspective."
When the boy asks Martin why he killed Van Ness, Martin replies, "I didn't say he was dead." The boy responds, "Really? What happens next?" but Martin won't reveal, telling him to "wait for the next book," which makes him upset.
Meanwhile, "Thrones" star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau has reacted to the big death in the season finale. "For me, it's just a huge loss because...," he said of losing Charles Dance's Tywin Lannister, "he's been such a formidable presence, both as the character, Tywin Lannister, whose just such an amazing character, and then, of course, what Charles brings ever since he had his first scene, I think, in Episode 7 of Season 1."
He went on telling Access Hollywood, "He has really anchored the power of the Lannisters, so it is a huge loss for the show, but also, it clearly changes the whole dynamic in this world. Up until the last [episode], the Lannisters have definitely been the most powerful, and with him gone, and all the other stuff that happens in Episode 10, who knows what's going to happen next. But I'm going to miss Charles for sure, 'cause I just think that, you know, you don't get any finer actors than him."
The episode titled "The Children" has broken the record of illegal download, with 1.5 million downloads in the first 12 hours after airing.
"Gay of Thrones: Future Legendary Children"
More Game of Thrones News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off