Katy Perry Launches Own Record Label, Signs 'Prismatic' Tour Opener Ferras
Katy Perry has started her own record label. On Tuesday, June 17, the "Dark Horse" singer announced the launch of Metamorphosis Record which is a joint venture with her current label, Capitol Records.
Fellow Capitol artist Ferras becomes the first to sign with Metamorphosis. On Tuesday, he released a self-titled EP which was executive produced by Perry. The 5-song record includes a track called "Legends Never Die" that features guest vocals from the "Roar" hitmaker.
Perry met Ferras in 2007 when they both joined Capitol. He will join the pop superstar in the North American leg of her "Prismatic" World Tour that opens on June 22 in Raleigh, North Carolina.
"Ferras is a man with a message, and a unique lyrical way of communicating his perspective on life that makes you feel connected to every note when you listen. 'Speak in Tongues' is a song with raw emotional power that I wish I wrote. I believe he is going to be an important artist to watch unfold," Perry said of signing Ferras in a statement. "I am SO ecstatic the world gets to hear his music now both online and on tour with me."
More Katy Perry News
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Confirms Return of Original Cast Member
- Report: Migos Beats Up Sean Kingston in Las Vegas Brawl
- 'Deadpool 2' Will Start Filming Soon, Kerry Washington Responds to Casting Rumors
- Ronda Rousey Is Set to Guest Star as Prison Inmate on 'Blindspot'
- Kim Kardashian's Terrified Family's Lavish Lifestyle 'Has Affected' Kanye West's Mental State
- French Montana Partying With Chris Brown and Migos in 'Hold Up' Music Video
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Was 'Racially Profiled' for Wearing Headscarf at Airport