Katy Perry Launches Own Record Label, Signs 'Prismatic' Tour Opener Ferras
Katy Perry has started her own record label. On Tuesday, June 17, the "Dark Horse" singer announced the launch of Metamorphosis Record which is a joint venture with her current label, Capitol Records.
Fellow Capitol artist Ferras becomes the first to sign with Metamorphosis. On Tuesday, he released a self-titled EP which was executive produced by Perry. The 5-song record includes a track called "Legends Never Die" that features guest vocals from the "Roar" hitmaker.
Perry met Ferras in 2007 when they both joined Capitol. He will join the pop superstar in the North American leg of her "Prismatic" World Tour that opens on June 22 in Raleigh, North Carolina.
"Ferras is a man with a message, and a unique lyrical way of communicating his perspective on life that makes you feel connected to every note when you listen. 'Speak in Tongues' is a song with raw emotional power that I wish I wrote. I believe he is going to be an important artist to watch unfold," Perry said of signing Ferras in a statement. "I am SO ecstatic the world gets to hear his music now both online and on tour with me."
More Katy Perry News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked