Katy Perry Launches Own Record Label, Signs 'Prismatic' Tour Opener Ferras
Katy Perry has started her own record label. On Tuesday, June 17, the "Dark Horse" singer announced the launch of Metamorphosis Record which is a joint venture with her current label, Capitol Records.
Fellow Capitol artist Ferras becomes the first to sign with Metamorphosis. On Tuesday, he released a self-titled EP which was executive produced by Perry. The 5-song record includes a track called "Legends Never Die" that features guest vocals from the "Roar" hitmaker.
Perry met Ferras in 2007 when they both joined Capitol. He will join the pop superstar in the North American leg of her "Prismatic" World Tour that opens on June 22 in Raleigh, North Carolina.
"Ferras is a man with a message, and a unique lyrical way of communicating his perspective on life that makes you feel connected to every note when you listen. 'Speak in Tongues' is a song with raw emotional power that I wish I wrote. I believe he is going to be an important artist to watch unfold," Perry said of signing Ferras in a statement. "I am SO ecstatic the world gets to hear his music now both online and on tour with me."
More Katy Perry News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama