Katy Perry Launches Own Record Label, Signs 'Prismatic' Tour Opener Ferras
Katy Perry has started her own record label. On Tuesday, June 17, the "Dark Horse" singer announced the launch of Metamorphosis Record which is a joint venture with her current label, Capitol Records.
Fellow Capitol artist Ferras becomes the first to sign with Metamorphosis. On Tuesday, he released a self-titled EP which was executive produced by Perry. The 5-song record includes a track called "Legends Never Die" that features guest vocals from the "Roar" hitmaker.
Perry met Ferras in 2007 when they both joined Capitol. He will join the pop superstar in the North American leg of her "Prismatic" World Tour that opens on June 22 in Raleigh, North Carolina.
"Ferras is a man with a message, and a unique lyrical way of communicating his perspective on life that makes you feel connected to every note when you listen. 'Speak in Tongues' is a song with raw emotional power that I wish I wrote. I believe he is going to be an important artist to watch unfold," Perry said of signing Ferras in a statement. "I am SO ecstatic the world gets to hear his music now both online and on tour with me."
More Katy Perry News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show