Katy Perry Launches Own Record Label, Signs 'Prismatic' Tour Opener Ferras
Katy Perry has started her own record label. On Tuesday, June 17, the "Dark Horse" singer announced the launch of Metamorphosis Record which is a joint venture with her current label, Capitol Records.
Fellow Capitol artist Ferras becomes the first to sign with Metamorphosis. On Tuesday, he released a self-titled EP which was executive produced by Perry. The 5-song record includes a track called "Legends Never Die" that features guest vocals from the "Roar" hitmaker.
Perry met Ferras in 2007 when they both joined Capitol. He will join the pop superstar in the North American leg of her "Prismatic" World Tour that opens on June 22 in Raleigh, North Carolina.
"Ferras is a man with a message, and a unique lyrical way of communicating his perspective on life that makes you feel connected to every note when you listen. 'Speak in Tongues' is a song with raw emotional power that I wish I wrote. I believe he is going to be an important artist to watch unfold," Perry said of signing Ferras in a statement. "I am SO ecstatic the world gets to hear his music now both online and on tour with me."
More Katy Perry News
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung
- 'Supergirl': Get First Look at General Zod in Set Photos and Video
- Desperate Tyga to Use Son King Cairo to Get Back With Kylie Jenner