'Brilliance' Could Be Jared Leto's Next Major Starring Role
Jared Leto is eying "Brilliance" as his first starring role after winning an Oscar for "Dallas Buyers Club". The actor is known to be very selective in his movie career and it has been a slow process of getting him to sign up to the adaptation of Marcus Sakey novel.
The book takes place in a world where one percent of the world population are born with extraordinary abilities and are called "brilliants." At the center of the story is a federal agent with great hunting gifts who is drafted to hunt down a terrorist, another such brilliant who intends to start a civil war.
Julius Onah is directing the project, which will star Noomi Rapace as "a tattooed and pierced brilliant that is identified as a terrorist by the government." Will Smith was in talks to star as the federal agent, but has since dropped out in favor of football concussions project that Ridley Scott and Giannina Facio have been developing.
Leto is set to replace Smith. According to Deadline, he met the director earlier this week to discuss his role. He took a six-year break from acting before taking the role of transgender woman in "Dallas Buyers Club".
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce