Lorde's Parents Got Engaged in Niagara Falls
Lorde shared happy news on Monday, June 16, saying she had finally seen "a diamond in the flesh." Her parents, Vic O'Connor and Sonja Yelich, got engaged after 30 years together.
"BEST DAY," Lorde tweeted on Monday night. "Went to Niagara Falls - my dad proposed to my mum after almost 30 years together." She added a bunch of emojis such as heart, diamond ring, rose and smiley faces at the end of her tweet.
She would later make a reference to her hit "Royals" which has the lyrics, "I've never seen a diamond in the flesh / I cut my teeth on wedding rings in the movies / And I'm not proud of my address / In a torn-up town, no postcode envy." She tweeted, "Inevitable response yes I know I have seen a diamond now."
The family were in Canada where Lorde performed at the 2014 MuchMusic Video Awards in Toronto on Sunday. She took home International Video of the Year for her hit song.
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'