Lorde's Parents Got Engaged in Niagara Falls
Lorde shared happy news on Monday, June 16, saying she had finally seen "a diamond in the flesh." Her parents, Vic O'Connor and Sonja Yelich, got engaged after 30 years together.
"BEST DAY," Lorde tweeted on Monday night. "Went to Niagara Falls - my dad proposed to my mum after almost 30 years together." She added a bunch of emojis such as heart, diamond ring, rose and smiley faces at the end of her tweet.
She would later make a reference to her hit "Royals" which has the lyrics, "I've never seen a diamond in the flesh / I cut my teeth on wedding rings in the movies / And I'm not proud of my address / In a torn-up town, no postcode envy." She tweeted, "Inevitable response yes I know I have seen a diamond now."
The family were in Canada where Lorde performed at the 2014 MuchMusic Video Awards in Toronto on Sunday. She took home International Video of the Year for her hit song.
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win