Miss USA Nia Sanchez Forgets the Capital City of Her Home State Nevada
Miss USA 2014 Nia Sanchez forgot the capital city of her home state Nevada during an interview with "The Todd Show" on June 16. During a quiz on the radio show, the host asked her the name of Nevada's capital city. She stammered after she was asked the basic question, saying, "Oh, um, ah, oh my gosh."
While Nia was hardly thinking about the answer, the host rescued her by giving her the correct answer "Carson City." "Thank you I was gonna say that, I was like, that one DJ host on MTV, back in the day, his name, that's how I always remembered it," Nia said, "Carson Daly, that guy!" It was awkward because she used a celebrity name to remind her about her home state capital city.
Nia has raised speculation about faking her home state to win the crown. A source claimed, "She never actually moved to Nevada, but continued to work at Disney and live in California, setting up some minimum paper trail to appear like she was in Nevada and allow her to compete."
Nia denied the allegation of switching states to win the Miss USA. She claimed that she had lived in Nevada for 18 months which was longer than the minimum requirement of six months. According to Fox411, Nia had competed three times for Miss California pageant, but unfortunately failed to win.
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- Lindsay Lohan Really Wants to Play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper