Steve Martin Denies 'Father of the Bride 3' Rumor
Steve Martin set the record straight on the rumor suggesting he would reprise his role as George Banks in "Father of the Bride" for a threequel. "So excited to read I'm doing Father of the Bride 3 since I haven't seen a script or been offered the role!" he tweeted.
Nikki Finke previously reported that Martin would return for "Father of the Bride 3" with Kiernan Culkin who played his son Matty in the first two films. Charles Shyer who directed and co-wrote the previous movies is allegedly back as well.
The former Deadline editor claims to have a scoop on the story. It's rumored revolving around a gay marriage. Matty is now adult and he is getting married to a Navy SEAL's son, but a "thunderstruck and speechless" George opposes the wedding.
The first film was released in 1991, followed by a sequel in 1995. Diane Keaton and Martin Short were among the cast.
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her