Steve Martin Denies 'Father of the Bride 3' Rumor
Steve Martin set the record straight on the rumor suggesting he would reprise his role as George Banks in "Father of the Bride" for a threequel. "So excited to read I'm doing Father of the Bride 3 since I haven't seen a script or been offered the role!" he tweeted.
Nikki Finke previously reported that Martin would return for "Father of the Bride 3" with Kiernan Culkin who played his son Matty in the first two films. Charles Shyer who directed and co-wrote the previous movies is allegedly back as well.
The former Deadline editor claims to have a scoop on the story. It's rumored revolving around a gay marriage. Matty is now adult and he is getting married to a Navy SEAL's son, but a "thunderstruck and speechless" George opposes the wedding.
The first film was released in 1991, followed by a sequel in 1995. Diane Keaton and Martin Short were among the cast.
More Steve Martin News
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl
- Bella Hadid's 'Hurt and Pissed' The Weeknd Moves On So Fast With Selena Gomez
- Jessica Biel's Thriller 'The Sinner' Gets Series Order at USA Network
- Chelsea Handler Blames the Kardashians for Donald Trump's Election Win. Here's Why
- Lamar Odom Apologizes to Ex Khloe for Her 'Wasted Time and Energy' in Emotional Interview
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character