Steve Martin Denies 'Father of the Bride 3' Rumor
Steve Martin set the record straight on the rumor suggesting he would reprise his role as George Banks in "Father of the Bride" for a threequel. "So excited to read I'm doing Father of the Bride 3 since I haven't seen a script or been offered the role!" he tweeted.
Nikki Finke previously reported that Martin would return for "Father of the Bride 3" with Kiernan Culkin who played his son Matty in the first two films. Charles Shyer who directed and co-wrote the previous movies is allegedly back as well.
The former Deadline editor claims to have a scoop on the story. It's rumored revolving around a gay marriage. Matty is now adult and he is getting married to a Navy SEAL's son, but a "thunderstruck and speechless" George opposes the wedding.
The first film was released in 1991, followed by a sequel in 1995. Diane Keaton and Martin Short were among the cast.
More Steve Martin News
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21