Steve Martin Denies 'Father of the Bride 3' Rumor
Steve Martin set the record straight on the rumor suggesting he would reprise his role as George Banks in "Father of the Bride" for a threequel. "So excited to read I'm doing Father of the Bride 3 since I haven't seen a script or been offered the role!" he tweeted.
Nikki Finke previously reported that Martin would return for "Father of the Bride 3" with Kiernan Culkin who played his son Matty in the first two films. Charles Shyer who directed and co-wrote the previous movies is allegedly back as well.
The former Deadline editor claims to have a scoop on the story. It's rumored revolving around a gay marriage. Matty is now adult and he is getting married to a Navy SEAL's son, but a "thunderstruck and speechless" George opposes the wedding.
The first film was released in 1991, followed by a sequel in 1995. Diane Keaton and Martin Short were among the cast.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns