Steve Martin Denies 'Father of the Bride 3' Rumor
Steve Martin set the record straight on the rumor suggesting he would reprise his role as George Banks in "Father of the Bride" for a threequel. "So excited to read I'm doing Father of the Bride 3 since I haven't seen a script or been offered the role!" he tweeted.
Nikki Finke previously reported that Martin would return for "Father of the Bride 3" with Kiernan Culkin who played his son Matty in the first two films. Charles Shyer who directed and co-wrote the previous movies is allegedly back as well.
The former Deadline editor claims to have a scoop on the story. It's rumored revolving around a gay marriage. Matty is now adult and he is getting married to a Navy SEAL's son, but a "thunderstruck and speechless" George opposes the wedding.
The first film was released in 1991, followed by a sequel in 1995. Diane Keaton and Martin Short were among the cast.
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video