First Look at the Kids of Maleficent, Cruella and Other Disney Villains in 'Descendants'
Wondering how the kids of Maleficent and Cruella de Vil would look like? Disney Channel has provided the answer in the first look for its original film "Descendants" that focuses on the teenage children of Disney villains.
A newly released photo for the TV movie features Dove Cameron as Mal, the daughter of Maleficent from "Sleeping Beauty"; Sofia Carson as Evie, the daughter of the Evil Queen from "Snow White"; Booboo Stewart as Jay, the son of Jafar from "Aladdin"; and Cameron Boyce as Carlos, the son of Cruella from "101 Dalmatians".
In the musical adventure comedy, the villains in the Disney fairytales have been exiled to the Isle of the Lost. After 20 years, Ben, the son of Belle and the Beast, becomes the new King of the Kingdom and offers the kids of the villains a chance to redeem themselves.
Thus, the teenage kids of the most wicked characters in the Disney world attend a prep school where they encounter the offspring of iconic Disney heroes. According to the official synopsis, "the villainous parents see this as an opportunity to use their children to carry out an evil plan that will finally free them all from the Isle of the Lost," but "will these evil teens follow in the footsteps of their wicked parents?"
The musical adventure comedy has cast Kristin Chenoweth as Maleficent, Kathy Najimy as the Evil Queen, Maz Jobrani as Jafar, and Wendy Raquel Robinson as Cruella de Vil. Filming is currently underway under the direction of Kenny Ortega for a 2015 premiere.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son