Paul W.S. Anderson Calls Next 'Resident Evil' Film 'The Final Chapter'
Working title for the next installment of "Resident Evil" franchise is officially revealed. In a new interview with Collider, director Paul W.S. Anderson spills that the upcoming sixth entry is called "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter".
"It may end up being the final title, but that's what's written on the front page of my script... I'm right in the middle of [the first draft]," he said. When asked if it would conclude the series, he said, "That's what's on the title page, it's 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter', so absolutely."
"There are no set dates for shooting yet. I think we're waiting until we have a first draft screenplay and then go from there," he said. "I don't know [when it will be in theaters], depends how fast I write, I guess. There's no set date yet but hopefully we'll have an announcement for that soon."
While the plot is still kept under wraps, Anderson said he's writing script with 3D in mind, "I firmly believe that you have to start thinking about the 3D even in the writing process. You cannot make a great 3D movie by just - it's not some special sauce that you can sprinkle on."
"You make the dish and then you make hot sauce on top - it doesn't work well like that. Yes, you can do a last minute conversion. You can not shoot the movie thinking about 3D and do a last minute conversion and it can be a 3D movie, it's just not gonna be a great 3D movie."
"I approach my films right from the inception, I kind of write action scenes and pick out locations that I think and know - because I've done so much of it - will translate very well into 3D. Then when we build the sets, we build sets that I know will shoot well in 3D. It's really, even from this point, 3D is something I'm definitely thinking about."
- Kristen Stewart Uncharacteristically Cheerful During Outing With Stella Maxwell
- Halsey Unveils 'Hopeless Fountain Kingdom' Track List
- Kylie Jenner Hits Back at Critics Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Sexy Selfie
- Robert Downey Jr.'s 'Doctor Dolittle' Moves Up Release Date to Avoid 'Star Wars: Episode IX'
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Adds 'Battlestar Galactica', 'Jericho' Stars and More
- DMX Enters Rehab After Canceling Three Shows
- Katy Perry's Reportedly Jealous Seeing Orlando Bloom Moving On So Fast With Nina Dobrev
- 'Big Bang Theory' Stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch Reach New Deals After Salary Raises