Malia Obama Spends a Day Working on Set of Halle Berry's 'Extant'
President Barack Obama's first daughter Malia Obama was spotted working on the set of Halle Berry's new series "Extant". Report said that she worked as a production assistant for one day on the filming set in Los Angeles.
A source revealed, "She helped with computer shop alignments and the director also let her slate a take." The source shared Malia's comment on her first job was, "My first time. This is a big deal."
In 2012, Michele Obama revealed to PEOPLE that her eldest daughter had "expressed some interest in filmmaking. Just like her father, she is an avid reader, and she enjoys movies. But she's a freshman, so she also knows she has years in college to explore her interest."
"Extant" is Halle's first TVseries after 2005's "Their Eyes Were Watching God", which helped her earn Emmy and Golden Globe nominations. The CBS science-fiction series, which also features Goran Visnjic and Camryn Manheim, will premiere on July 9.
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2