Kathryn Bigelow and Mark Boal Working on Bowe Bergdahl Movie
Director Kathryn Bigelow is working to bring the true story of Bowe Bergdahl to the big screen. She collaborates with screenwriter Mark Boal, who penned her highly-notable films "The Hurt Locker" (2008) and "Zero Dark Thirty" (2012).
Bergdahl is an Army sergeant captured by the Taliban and held prisoner for five years after he left his base in Afghanistan. On May 31 this year, he was released as part of a prisoner exchange for five Taliban members who were held at Guantanamo Bay.
According to Deadline, a rival project is developed at Fox Searchlight. Todd Field ("In the Bedroom", "Little Children") is tapped to helm the project based on "America's Last Prisoner of War", an investigative article by Michael Hastings, the late Rolling Stone reporter who died at age 33 in a car accident in Los Angeles last year.
Bigelow is also set to direct and produce "The True American" with Tom Hardy on the lead role. It's about an American named Mark Stroman who went on a killing spree during a blind mission of revenge in the charged, angry days post 9/11 incident thirteen years ago.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris