Kathryn Bigelow and Mark Boal Working on Bowe Bergdahl Movie
Director Kathryn Bigelow is working to bring the true story of Bowe Bergdahl to the big screen. She collaborates with screenwriter Mark Boal, who penned her highly-notable films "The Hurt Locker" (2008) and "Zero Dark Thirty" (2012).
Bergdahl is an Army sergeant captured by the Taliban and held prisoner for five years after he left his base in Afghanistan. On May 31 this year, he was released as part of a prisoner exchange for five Taliban members who were held at Guantanamo Bay.
According to Deadline, a rival project is developed at Fox Searchlight. Todd Field ("In the Bedroom", "Little Children") is tapped to helm the project based on "America's Last Prisoner of War", an investigative article by Michael Hastings, the late Rolling Stone reporter who died at age 33 in a car accident in Los Angeles last year.
Bigelow is also set to direct and produce "The True American" with Tom Hardy on the lead role. It's about an American named Mark Stroman who went on a killing spree during a blind mission of revenge in the charged, angry days post 9/11 incident thirteen years ago.
- Topless Kim Kardashian and North West Are Included in New Kimojis. Get the Sneak Peeks
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Spotted 'Making Out' at Drake's Party
- 'X-Men' Show 'Legion' Gets Series Order at FX. See the First Picture!
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities