Kathryn Bigelow and Mark Boal Working on Bowe Bergdahl Movie
Director Kathryn Bigelow is working to bring the true story of Bowe Bergdahl to the big screen. She collaborates with screenwriter Mark Boal, who penned her highly-notable films "The Hurt Locker" (2008) and "Zero Dark Thirty" (2012).
Bergdahl is an Army sergeant captured by the Taliban and held prisoner for five years after he left his base in Afghanistan. On May 31 this year, he was released as part of a prisoner exchange for five Taliban members who were held at Guantanamo Bay.
According to Deadline, a rival project is developed at Fox Searchlight. Todd Field ("In the Bedroom", "Little Children") is tapped to helm the project based on "America's Last Prisoner of War", an investigative article by Michael Hastings, the late Rolling Stone reporter who died at age 33 in a car accident in Los Angeles last year.
Bigelow is also set to direct and produce "The True American" with Tom Hardy on the lead role. It's about an American named Mark Stroman who went on a killing spree during a blind mission of revenge in the charged, angry days post 9/11 incident thirteen years ago.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?