Kathryn Bigelow and Mark Boal Working on Bowe Bergdahl Movie
Director Kathryn Bigelow is working to bring the true story of Bowe Bergdahl to the big screen. She collaborates with screenwriter Mark Boal, who penned her highly-notable films "The Hurt Locker" (2008) and "Zero Dark Thirty" (2012).
Bergdahl is an Army sergeant captured by the Taliban and held prisoner for five years after he left his base in Afghanistan. On May 31 this year, he was released as part of a prisoner exchange for five Taliban members who were held at Guantanamo Bay.
According to Deadline, a rival project is developed at Fox Searchlight. Todd Field ("In the Bedroom", "Little Children") is tapped to helm the project based on "America's Last Prisoner of War", an investigative article by Michael Hastings, the late Rolling Stone reporter who died at age 33 in a car accident in Los Angeles last year.
Bigelow is also set to direct and produce "The True American" with Tom Hardy on the lead role. It's about an American named Mark Stroman who went on a killing spree during a blind mission of revenge in the charged, angry days post 9/11 incident thirteen years ago.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage