Ryan Gosling Adoption Hoax Fools a Million Fans on Facebook
A Facebook account claiming to be Ryan Gosling's has shared a story of him adopting a baby, tricking about one million fans over the weekend. On Saturday, June 14 the account posted the story of the 33-year-old actor adopting a baby boy after his mother died of cancer.
Sharing a photo of a smiling Gosling holding a baby, the Facebook imposter wrote, "This father's day, I've decided to tell the story of how I became a father. This little guy was only 9 months old when I became his dad. His mom and I were great friends before she passed away from cancer. I promised her, I'd always look after him. So, I had decided to step up and become his dad."
"He brought me so much joy. He was my everything. 1 year later after the adoption, his biological father wanted him. Of course, I put up a fight, but he won. That 1 year of being his father taught me how to love unconditionally. We have to stop and be thankful for our children and children should stop and be thankful for their parents. What I truly learned most of all is, every child needs love," the post read further.
The account is not verified and only has 173k "likes." The story, however, so far has garnered 948,841 "likes" and 52,674 shares.
The post was added with a link to buy a t-shirt. Proceeds from the purchase will benefit Orphanage Home Foundation, which doesn't exist, and buying one will give fans a chance to win a date with the star of "The Place Beyond the Pines". The link has been removed from the post.
More Ryan Gosling News
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake