Ryan Gosling Adoption Hoax Fools a Million Fans on Facebook
A Facebook account claiming to be Ryan Gosling's has shared a story of him adopting a baby, tricking about one million fans over the weekend. On Saturday, June 14 the account posted the story of the 33-year-old actor adopting a baby boy after his mother died of cancer.
Sharing a photo of a smiling Gosling holding a baby, the Facebook imposter wrote, "This father's day, I've decided to tell the story of how I became a father. This little guy was only 9 months old when I became his dad. His mom and I were great friends before she passed away from cancer. I promised her, I'd always look after him. So, I had decided to step up and become his dad."
"He brought me so much joy. He was my everything. 1 year later after the adoption, his biological father wanted him. Of course, I put up a fight, but he won. That 1 year of being his father taught me how to love unconditionally. We have to stop and be thankful for our children and children should stop and be thankful for their parents. What I truly learned most of all is, every child needs love," the post read further.
The account is not verified and only has 173k "likes." The story, however, so far has garnered 948,841 "likes" and 52,674 shares.
The post was added with a link to buy a t-shirt. Proceeds from the purchase will benefit Orphanage Home Foundation, which doesn't exist, and buying one will give fans a chance to win a date with the star of "The Place Beyond the Pines". The link has been removed from the post.
More Ryan Gosling News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed