Ryan Gosling Adoption Hoax Fools a Million Fans on Facebook
A Facebook account claiming to be Ryan Gosling's has shared a story of him adopting a baby, tricking about one million fans over the weekend. On Saturday, June 14 the account posted the story of the 33-year-old actor adopting a baby boy after his mother died of cancer.
Sharing a photo of a smiling Gosling holding a baby, the Facebook imposter wrote, "This father's day, I've decided to tell the story of how I became a father. This little guy was only 9 months old when I became his dad. His mom and I were great friends before she passed away from cancer. I promised her, I'd always look after him. So, I had decided to step up and become his dad."
"He brought me so much joy. He was my everything. 1 year later after the adoption, his biological father wanted him. Of course, I put up a fight, but he won. That 1 year of being his father taught me how to love unconditionally. We have to stop and be thankful for our children and children should stop and be thankful for their parents. What I truly learned most of all is, every child needs love," the post read further.
The account is not verified and only has 173k "likes." The story, however, so far has garnered 948,841 "likes" and 52,674 shares.
The post was added with a link to buy a t-shirt. Proceeds from the purchase will benefit Orphanage Home Foundation, which doesn't exist, and buying one will give fans a chance to win a date with the star of "The Place Beyond the Pines". The link has been removed from the post.
More Ryan Gosling News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences