Ryan Gosling Adoption Hoax Fools a Million Fans on Facebook
A Facebook account claiming to be Ryan Gosling's has shared a story of him adopting a baby, tricking about one million fans over the weekend. On Saturday, June 14 the account posted the story of the 33-year-old actor adopting a baby boy after his mother died of cancer.
Sharing a photo of a smiling Gosling holding a baby, the Facebook imposter wrote, "This father's day, I've decided to tell the story of how I became a father. This little guy was only 9 months old when I became his dad. His mom and I were great friends before she passed away from cancer. I promised her, I'd always look after him. So, I had decided to step up and become his dad."
"He brought me so much joy. He was my everything. 1 year later after the adoption, his biological father wanted him. Of course, I put up a fight, but he won. That 1 year of being his father taught me how to love unconditionally. We have to stop and be thankful for our children and children should stop and be thankful for their parents. What I truly learned most of all is, every child needs love," the post read further.
The account is not verified and only has 173k "likes." The story, however, so far has garnered 948,841 "likes" and 52,674 shares.
The post was added with a link to buy a t-shirt. Proceeds from the purchase will benefit Orphanage Home Foundation, which doesn't exist, and buying one will give fans a chance to win a date with the star of "The Place Beyond the Pines". The link has been removed from the post.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says