Marcus Callender and Jason Mitchell to Play Dr. Dre and Eazy-E in N.W.A Biopic
Two relatively-unknown actors are added to the cast ensemble of "Straight Outta Compton". Marcus Callender and Jason Mitchell are tapped to portray Dr. Dre and Eazy-E respectively. They are joined by O'Shea Jackson Jr. who is set to play his father Ice Cube.
Dr. Dre reportedly originally wanted Michael B. Jordan to play him in the upcoming drama, but the actor who rose to stardom with "Fruitvale Station" was already attached to "The Fantastic Four". Meanwhile, Cube has been campaigning to get his son in the biopic.
The movie will depict the rise and fall of the Compton, California-based rap group N.W.A. Other members of the hip-hop group included MC Ren and DJ Yella. Arabian Prince was also among the founding members, but he left shortly after MC Ren joined the gang.
Cube and Dre serve as producers for the biopic along with Eazy-E's widow Tomica Woods-Wright. F. Gary Gray ("The Italian Job") will be directing from a script by Jonathan Herman. Cube described it as a "dramatic story that encompasses hip-hop, dope-dealing, Reaganomics, AIDS, LAPD, rap feuds, FBI, PMRC, the Parental Advisory stickers on the records... all of it."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'