Justin Bieber Cleared in Attempted Robbery Case
Justin Bieber is cleared from charges in an attempted robbery case. The 20-year-old pop star was accused of trying to take a woman's phone in May, but he will not face charges in the case. A spokesperson for the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office Frank Mateljan said on Monday, June 16 that the office had decided not to charge Bieber because of insufficient evidence.
Last month, a woman claimed that the Canadian singer tried to take her phone during an alleged scuffle at the Sherman Oaks Castle Park. Bieber, who was at the park with his friends, "then approached and accused her of videotaping him," the woman told police. "He demanded to see her phone, then reached into her purse and pulled the phone out," read the report.
Nine employees who were interviewed about the alleged scuffle did not report such incident. Additionally, the area was not covered by security cameras.
The "Baby" singer has faced some legal problems. Earlier this year, he was accused of pelting raw eggs at his neighbor's house in Calabasas and caused $20,000 in damage. He additionally was arrested for DUI in Miami Beach, Fla. and was accused of assaulting a limo driver in Toronto. According to TMZ, the entertainer will face criminal vandalism charges in the egging case.
More Justin Bieber News
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels