Justin Bieber Cleared in Attempted Robbery Case
Justin Bieber is cleared from charges in an attempted robbery case. The 20-year-old pop star was accused of trying to take a woman's phone in May, but he will not face charges in the case. A spokesperson for the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office Frank Mateljan said on Monday, June 16 that the office had decided not to charge Bieber because of insufficient evidence.
Last month, a woman claimed that the Canadian singer tried to take her phone during an alleged scuffle at the Sherman Oaks Castle Park. Bieber, who was at the park with his friends, "then approached and accused her of videotaping him," the woman told police. "He demanded to see her phone, then reached into her purse and pulled the phone out," read the report.
Nine employees who were interviewed about the alleged scuffle did not report such incident. Additionally, the area was not covered by security cameras.
The "Baby" singer has faced some legal problems. Earlier this year, he was accused of pelting raw eggs at his neighbor's house in Calabasas and caused $20,000 in damage. He additionally was arrested for DUI in Miami Beach, Fla. and was accused of assaulting a limo driver in Toronto. According to TMZ, the entertainer will face criminal vandalism charges in the egging case.
More Justin Bieber News
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos