Steven Spielberg's Cold War Film and 'The BFG' Get Release Dates
Two upcoming movies from director Steven Spielberg have locked release dates. An untitled Cold War movie which is based on a true story will hit theaters on October 16, 2015, while an adaptation of Roald Dahl's classic children's book "The BFG" is set for July 1, 2016.
The Coen brothers polish the script which tells the story of an American attorney, James Donovan, who was enlisted by CIA to negotiate the release of a pilot who was captured after his U-2 spy plane was shot down over Russia. Tom Hanks and Mark Rylance are among the cast.
Meanwhile, "The BFG" is based on the fantastical tale of a Big Friendly Giant who befriends a young orphan girl. They set out on an adventure to capture the evil, man-eating giants who have been invading the human world. Melissa Mathison, who penned "E.T.", writes the screenplay.
- Salma Hayek Suggests Donald Trump Tried to Manipulate Her Into Agreeing on a Date
- 'Doctor Strange' Actor Benedict Wong Confirmed for 'Avengers: Infinity Wars'
- Leonardo DiCaprio Had Another Near-Death Experience While Diving in the Galapagos
- Listen to Sia's 3 New Tracks From 'This Is Acting' Deluxe Version
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Set Pics: First Look at Kit Harington in Full Costume
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik