Steven Spielberg's Cold War Film and 'The BFG' Get Release Dates
Two upcoming movies from director Steven Spielberg have locked release dates. An untitled Cold War movie which is based on a true story will hit theaters on October 16, 2015, while an adaptation of Roald Dahl's classic children's book "The BFG" is set for July 1, 2016.
The Coen brothers polish the script which tells the story of an American attorney, James Donovan, who was enlisted by CIA to negotiate the release of a pilot who was captured after his U-2 spy plane was shot down over Russia. Tom Hanks and Mark Rylance are among the cast.
Meanwhile, "The BFG" is based on the fantastical tale of a Big Friendly Giant who befriends a young orphan girl. They set out on an adventure to capture the evil, man-eating giants who have been invading the human world. Melissa Mathison, who penned "E.T.", writes the screenplay.
- Shia LaBeouf Rips Drake, Lil Yachty and More in New Freestyle
- Jennifer Lawrence Reveals Why She Thinks She's a Curse to Hawaiians
- First Footage of 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveils Spidey's Classic Web Wings
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants to Reunite With Angelina Jolie Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Katie Holmes Finally Addresses Her 'Secret Relationship' With Jamie Foxx
- Watch Jessie J Writhe Around in 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' Video
- Kate McKinnon and T.J. Miller Go Wild in New 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- New 'The Walking Dead' Photo Teases Graphic Scene for Carl in 'Sing Me a Song'