Steven Spielberg's Cold War Film and 'The BFG' Get Release Dates
Two upcoming movies from director Steven Spielberg have locked release dates. An untitled Cold War movie which is based on a true story will hit theaters on October 16, 2015, while an adaptation of Roald Dahl's classic children's book "The BFG" is set for July 1, 2016.
The Coen brothers polish the script which tells the story of an American attorney, James Donovan, who was enlisted by CIA to negotiate the release of a pilot who was captured after his U-2 spy plane was shot down over Russia. Tom Hanks and Mark Rylance are among the cast.
Meanwhile, "The BFG" is based on the fantastical tale of a Big Friendly Giant who befriends a young orphan girl. They set out on an adventure to capture the evil, man-eating giants who have been invading the human world. Melissa Mathison, who penned "E.T.", writes the screenplay.
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung