Steven Spielberg's Cold War Film and 'The BFG' Get Release Dates
Two upcoming movies from director Steven Spielberg have locked release dates. An untitled Cold War movie which is based on a true story will hit theaters on October 16, 2015, while an adaptation of Roald Dahl's classic children's book "The BFG" is set for July 1, 2016.
The Coen brothers polish the script which tells the story of an American attorney, James Donovan, who was enlisted by CIA to negotiate the release of a pilot who was captured after his U-2 spy plane was shot down over Russia. Tom Hanks and Mark Rylance are among the cast.
Meanwhile, "The BFG" is based on the fantastical tale of a Big Friendly Giant who befriends a young orphan girl. They set out on an adventure to capture the evil, man-eating giants who have been invading the human world. Melissa Mathison, who penned "E.T.", writes the screenplay.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris