James Franco to Direct His First Off-Broadway Play
Multi-tasking actor James Franco is adding theater director to his resume. He will make a directing debut in an off-Broadway play, Robert Boswell's "The Long Shrift", at the Rattlestick Playwrights theatre in New York this summer.
Part of the 20th anniversary season of the theatre, the drama tells the story of a convict who has just been released from prison after accused of rape as a teenager. He finds his accuser suddenly back in his life.
Performance is scheduled to run from July 7 to August 23. Scott Haze, Ahna O'Reilly, Brian Lally, Allie Gallerani and Ally Sheedy are all tapped to star. Haze has worked with Franco in feature films "Child of God" and "As I Lay Dying".
Franco is currently starring in "Of Mice and Men" which will wrap up July 27 at the Longacre Theatre.
More James Franco News
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle