James Franco to Direct His First Off-Broadway Play
Multi-tasking actor James Franco is adding theater director to his resume. He will make a directing debut in an off-Broadway play, Robert Boswell's "The Long Shrift", at the Rattlestick Playwrights theatre in New York this summer.
Part of the 20th anniversary season of the theatre, the drama tells the story of a convict who has just been released from prison after accused of rape as a teenager. He finds his accuser suddenly back in his life.
Performance is scheduled to run from July 7 to August 23. Scott Haze, Ahna O'Reilly, Brian Lally, Allie Gallerani and Ally Sheedy are all tapped to star. Haze has worked with Franco in feature films "Child of God" and "As I Lay Dying".
Franco is currently starring in "Of Mice and Men" which will wrap up July 27 at the Longacre Theatre.
More James Franco News
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities
- Simon Cowell and His Snarky Comments Make Return on 'America's Got Talent' Season 11 Premiere
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture