James Franco to Direct His First Off-Broadway Play
Multi-tasking actor James Franco is adding theater director to his resume. He will make a directing debut in an off-Broadway play, Robert Boswell's "The Long Shrift", at the Rattlestick Playwrights theatre in New York this summer.
Part of the 20th anniversary season of the theatre, the drama tells the story of a convict who has just been released from prison after accused of rape as a teenager. He finds his accuser suddenly back in his life.
Performance is scheduled to run from July 7 to August 23. Scott Haze, Ahna O'Reilly, Brian Lally, Allie Gallerani and Ally Sheedy are all tapped to star. Haze has worked with Franco in feature films "Child of God" and "As I Lay Dying".
Franco is currently starring in "Of Mice and Men" which will wrap up July 27 at the Longacre Theatre.
More James Franco News
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Was 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge