James Franco to Direct His First Off-Broadway Play
Multi-tasking actor James Franco is adding theater director to his resume. He will make a directing debut in an off-Broadway play, Robert Boswell's "The Long Shrift", at the Rattlestick Playwrights theatre in New York this summer.
Part of the 20th anniversary season of the theatre, the drama tells the story of a convict who has just been released from prison after accused of rape as a teenager. He finds his accuser suddenly back in his life.
Performance is scheduled to run from July 7 to August 23. Scott Haze, Ahna O'Reilly, Brian Lally, Allie Gallerani and Ally Sheedy are all tapped to star. Haze has worked with Franco in feature films "Child of God" and "As I Lay Dying".
Franco is currently starring in "Of Mice and Men" which will wrap up July 27 at the Longacre Theatre.
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked