James Franco to Direct His First Off-Broadway Play
Multi-tasking actor James Franco is adding theater director to his resume. He will make a directing debut in an off-Broadway play, Robert Boswell's "The Long Shrift", at the Rattlestick Playwrights theatre in New York this summer.
Part of the 20th anniversary season of the theatre, the drama tells the story of a convict who has just been released from prison after accused of rape as a teenager. He finds his accuser suddenly back in his life.
Performance is scheduled to run from July 7 to August 23. Scott Haze, Ahna O'Reilly, Brian Lally, Allie Gallerani and Ally Sheedy are all tapped to star. Haze has worked with Franco in feature films "Child of God" and "As I Lay Dying".
Franco is currently starring in "Of Mice and Men" which will wrap up July 27 at the Longacre Theatre.
More James Franco News
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!