'Game of Thrones' Star Emilia Clarke Signs Up for 'Voice from the Stone'
Now that "Game of Thrones" has its curtain down, Emilia Clarke is going to shake off her famous Daenerys Targaryen image. The British actress will next star in a psychological thriller "Voice from the Stone" which will be filmed in Italy.
Adapted from Silvio Raffo's award-winning Italian novel La Voce Della Pietra, "Voice from the Stone" is set in Italy in the 1950s. A nurse tries to help a boy who recovers from his mother's death and is haunted by malevolent forces within the walls of an old house in the Italian countryside. As she develops a relationship with the father of the boy, she also becomes haunted by the same evil presence and must fight to save herself and the boy.
K5 International sold the film at Cannes in 2011 with first-time feature film director Eric D. Howell on board. It was reported back then that Maggie Gyllenhaal was attached to the pic and was set to play the nurse. It is yet clear whether Clarke acts as Gyllenhaal's replacement or another character.
Shooting will begin in November. Clarke has also signed up to portray Sarah Connor in "Terminator: Genesis".
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences