'Game of Thrones' Star Emilia Clarke Signs Up for 'Voice from the Stone'
Now that "Game of Thrones" has its curtain down, Emilia Clarke is going to shake off her famous Daenerys Targaryen image. The British actress will next star in a psychological thriller "Voice from the Stone" which will be filmed in Italy.
Adapted from Silvio Raffo's award-winning Italian novel La Voce Della Pietra, "Voice from the Stone" is set in Italy in the 1950s. A nurse tries to help a boy who recovers from his mother's death and is haunted by malevolent forces within the walls of an old house in the Italian countryside. As she develops a relationship with the father of the boy, she also becomes haunted by the same evil presence and must fight to save herself and the boy.
K5 International sold the film at Cannes in 2011 with first-time feature film director Eric D. Howell on board. It was reported back then that Maggie Gyllenhaal was attached to the pic and was set to play the nurse. It is yet clear whether Clarke acts as Gyllenhaal's replacement or another character.
Shooting will begin in November. Clarke has also signed up to portray Sarah Connor in "Terminator: Genesis".
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'