Harrison Ford to Miss Two Months of 'Star Wars Episode VII' Filming
Harrison Ford will be absent from the filming of "Star Wars Episode VII" for eight long weeks. Turns out the injury he sustained is more serious than initially thought, prompting him to remain in the hospital care.
Ford was airlifted from the Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford after a hydraulic door to Millennium Falcon allegedly malfunctioned and hit him. Ford's son Ben told Access Hollywood that his father would possibly need a plate and screws put into his ankle.
Both THR and Mirror have heard from their sources that filming will continue in Ford's absence. "The initial day or two after the accident, it was hard to move things around, but now we have had more time we can juggle things, bring some scenes forward and push others back. There are lots of other actors in the movie, so it is not a disaster. We are still confident the film can stay on schedule," a person close to the production told Mirror.
"Star Wars Episode VII" is still expected to make its December 18, 2015 release date. Shooting started last month in both London and Abu Dhabi.
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular