Harrison Ford to Miss Two Months of 'Star Wars Episode VII' Filming
Harrison Ford will be absent from the filming of "Star Wars Episode VII" for eight long weeks. Turns out the injury he sustained is more serious than initially thought, prompting him to remain in the hospital care.
Ford was airlifted from the Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford after a hydraulic door to Millennium Falcon allegedly malfunctioned and hit him. Ford's son Ben told Access Hollywood that his father would possibly need a plate and screws put into his ankle.
Both THR and Mirror have heard from their sources that filming will continue in Ford's absence. "The initial day or two after the accident, it was hard to move things around, but now we have had more time we can juggle things, bring some scenes forward and push others back. There are lots of other actors in the movie, so it is not a disaster. We are still confident the film can stay on schedule," a person close to the production told Mirror.
"Star Wars Episode VII" is still expected to make its December 18, 2015 release date. Shooting started last month in both London and Abu Dhabi.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest