Harrison Ford to Miss Two Months of 'Star Wars Episode VII' Filming
Harrison Ford will be absent from the filming of "Star Wars Episode VII" for eight long weeks. Turns out the injury he sustained is more serious than initially thought, prompting him to remain in the hospital care.
Ford was airlifted from the Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford after a hydraulic door to Millennium Falcon allegedly malfunctioned and hit him. Ford's son Ben told Access Hollywood that his father would possibly need a plate and screws put into his ankle.
Both THR and Mirror have heard from their sources that filming will continue in Ford's absence. "The initial day or two after the accident, it was hard to move things around, but now we have had more time we can juggle things, bring some scenes forward and push others back. There are lots of other actors in the movie, so it is not a disaster. We are still confident the film can stay on schedule," a person close to the production told Mirror.
"Star Wars Episode VII" is still expected to make its December 18, 2015 release date. Shooting started last month in both London and Abu Dhabi.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia