Harrison Ford to Miss Two Months of 'Star Wars Episode VII' Filming
Harrison Ford will be absent from the filming of "Star Wars Episode VII" for eight long weeks. Turns out the injury he sustained is more serious than initially thought, prompting him to remain in the hospital care.
Ford was airlifted from the Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford after a hydraulic door to Millennium Falcon allegedly malfunctioned and hit him. Ford's son Ben told Access Hollywood that his father would possibly need a plate and screws put into his ankle.
Both THR and Mirror have heard from their sources that filming will continue in Ford's absence. "The initial day or two after the accident, it was hard to move things around, but now we have had more time we can juggle things, bring some scenes forward and push others back. There are lots of other actors in the movie, so it is not a disaster. We are still confident the film can stay on schedule," a person close to the production told Mirror.
"Star Wars Episode VII" is still expected to make its December 18, 2015 release date. Shooting started last month in both London and Abu Dhabi.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry
- Report: Katy Perry Is Dating Takeoff of Migos