Harrison Ford to Miss Two Months of 'Star Wars Episode VII' Filming
Harrison Ford will be absent from the filming of "Star Wars Episode VII" for eight long weeks. Turns out the injury he sustained is more serious than initially thought, prompting him to remain in the hospital care.
Ford was airlifted from the Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford after a hydraulic door to Millennium Falcon allegedly malfunctioned and hit him. Ford's son Ben told Access Hollywood that his father would possibly need a plate and screws put into his ankle.
Both THR and Mirror have heard from their sources that filming will continue in Ford's absence. "The initial day or two after the accident, it was hard to move things around, but now we have had more time we can juggle things, bring some scenes forward and push others back. There are lots of other actors in the movie, so it is not a disaster. We are still confident the film can stay on schedule," a person close to the production told Mirror.
"Star Wars Episode VII" is still expected to make its December 18, 2015 release date. Shooting started last month in both London and Abu Dhabi.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger