'X-Men: Apocalypse' Is Set in 1983
After director Bryan Singer said that X-Men: Apocalypse" would take place in the 1980s, screenwriter and producer Simon Kinberg has spilled the precise setting of the movie. In a Q&A session with Jeff Goldsmith, he said that "the next movie takes place in 1983" or 10 years after "X-Men: Days of Future Past".
Kinberg previously also shared other details of the movie, confirming that the upcoming film would be "more of 'First Class' sequel" and would involve some of the original cast. He additionally said that "Apocalypse" would "present a new leader (other than Magneto and Professor X), the darkest leader in the movie franchise."
Set for a May 27, 2016 release in the United States, the follow-up to "Days of Future Past" will bring back Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and Evan Peters as Quicksilver. The new villain is said to be "very different" from the previous villains.
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons