Richard Dreyfuss' Wife Arrested for DUI and Hit-and-Run
Richard Dreyfuss' wife Svetlana Dreyfuss reportedly just had a run-in with the law. According to TMZ, the actor's wife was arrested on June 2 in Encinitas, CA. after she allegedly struck a wooden fence and broke a high pressure water line. Svetlana reportedly fled from the scene and was caught two miles from the scene. She was charged with DUI and hit-and-run following the incident.
Svetlana, however, insisted that she only had a glass of wine prior to the incident. According to the site, Svetlana also claimed that she passed the sobriety test. The case has been sent to the D.A.'s office.
Richard previously struggled with drug addiction, but the star of "The Goodbye Girl" apparently has been sober since 1982. The Oscar-winning actor decided to get clean after he passed out when driving and crashed his car.
As reported by PEOPLE, Richard experienced a vision after the serious accident. "In my mind's eye, I saw an image of a little girl. She was an 8-year-old, wearing a pink-and-white dress with crinolines, black patent-leather pumps and white socks. Finally it came to me. She was the little girl I did not kill by my recklessness," he was quoted as saying.
The actor then sought help for his drug problems. "You do drugs because you don't want to be in the world. But I learned that what I really wanted was to have children, to live on the planet Earth with my feet on the ground," he said back then.
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does