Richard Dreyfuss' Wife Arrested for DUI and Hit-and-Run
Richard Dreyfuss' wife Svetlana Dreyfuss reportedly just had a run-in with the law. According to TMZ, the actor's wife was arrested on June 2 in Encinitas, CA. after she allegedly struck a wooden fence and broke a high pressure water line. Svetlana reportedly fled from the scene and was caught two miles from the scene. She was charged with DUI and hit-and-run following the incident.
Svetlana, however, insisted that she only had a glass of wine prior to the incident. According to the site, Svetlana also claimed that she passed the sobriety test. The case has been sent to the D.A.'s office.
Richard previously struggled with drug addiction, but the star of "The Goodbye Girl" apparently has been sober since 1982. The Oscar-winning actor decided to get clean after he passed out when driving and crashed his car.
As reported by PEOPLE, Richard experienced a vision after the serious accident. "In my mind's eye, I saw an image of a little girl. She was an 8-year-old, wearing a pink-and-white dress with crinolines, black patent-leather pumps and white socks. Finally it came to me. She was the little girl I did not kill by my recklessness," he was quoted as saying.
The actor then sought help for his drug problems. "You do drugs because you don't want to be in the world. But I learned that what I really wanted was to have children, to live on the planet Earth with my feet on the ground," he said back then.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?