John Cusack and Adrien Brody Star in Chinese Film 'Dragon Blade'
John Cusack and Adrien Brody are officially on board Chinese movie "Dragon Blade". Directed by Daniel Lee, the movie also stars Chinese actor Jackie Chan and will be one of the three most expensive films shot in China.
Cusack is set to play Lucius, a Roman general who leads a legion of soldiers into China. Brody plays the villain, a power-hungry Tiberius who has killed Roman Consul Crassus and chases after Lucius with 100,000 troops. Lucius seeks the help of Chan's character, commander of the protectorate of the western regions, who wants to protect his country's borders.
The pic, which has $65 million in budget, has been filming in China. Lee finished the Hengdian World Studios portion of the film and will move the filming to Gobi desert soon. Cusack and his co-stars already made an appearance on the red carpet of Shanghai Film Festival opening ceremony on Saturday, June 14 in promotion of the film.
"Dragon Blade" has been snapped up for Asian markets but is yet to have an American distributor. World sales are handled by Hong Kong-based Golden Network.
This is Cusack's first Chinese language movie. However, this is not the first time he works with Asian actors. He starred in "Shanghai", a '40s period piece which revolves around an American expat who returns to Shanghai in the months before Pearl Harbor.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart