John Cusack and Adrien Brody Star in Chinese Film 'Dragon Blade'
John Cusack and Adrien Brody are officially on board Chinese movie "Dragon Blade". Directed by Daniel Lee, the movie also stars Chinese actor Jackie Chan and will be one of the three most expensive films shot in China.
Cusack is set to play Lucius, a Roman general who leads a legion of soldiers into China. Brody plays the villain, a power-hungry Tiberius who has killed Roman Consul Crassus and chases after Lucius with 100,000 troops. Lucius seeks the help of Chan's character, commander of the protectorate of the western regions, who wants to protect his country's borders.
The pic, which has $65 million in budget, has been filming in China. Lee finished the Hengdian World Studios portion of the film and will move the filming to Gobi desert soon. Cusack and his co-stars already made an appearance on the red carpet of Shanghai Film Festival opening ceremony on Saturday, June 14 in promotion of the film.
"Dragon Blade" has been snapped up for Asian markets but is yet to have an American distributor. World sales are handled by Hong Kong-based Golden Network.
This is Cusack's first Chinese language movie. However, this is not the first time he works with Asian actors. He starred in "Shanghai", a '40s period piece which revolves around an American expat who returns to Shanghai in the months before Pearl Harbor.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes