John Cusack and Adrien Brody Star in Chinese Film 'Dragon Blade'
John Cusack and Adrien Brody are officially on board Chinese movie "Dragon Blade". Directed by Daniel Lee, the movie also stars Chinese actor Jackie Chan and will be one of the three most expensive films shot in China.
Cusack is set to play Lucius, a Roman general who leads a legion of soldiers into China. Brody plays the villain, a power-hungry Tiberius who has killed Roman Consul Crassus and chases after Lucius with 100,000 troops. Lucius seeks the help of Chan's character, commander of the protectorate of the western regions, who wants to protect his country's borders.
The pic, which has $65 million in budget, has been filming in China. Lee finished the Hengdian World Studios portion of the film and will move the filming to Gobi desert soon. Cusack and his co-stars already made an appearance on the red carpet of Shanghai Film Festival opening ceremony on Saturday, June 14 in promotion of the film.
"Dragon Blade" has been snapped up for Asian markets but is yet to have an American distributor. World sales are handled by Hong Kong-based Golden Network.
This is Cusack's first Chinese language movie. However, this is not the first time he works with Asian actors. He starred in "Shanghai", a '40s period piece which revolves around an American expat who returns to Shanghai in the months before Pearl Harbor.
- Free the Nipple! Stella Maxwell Goes Braless in Racy Mesh Top
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Assassinating Donald Trump: 'Maybe It's Time'
- Khloe Kardashian Sizzling in Completely Sheer Bodysuit. Tempting Tristan Thompson?
- Chance the Rapper Apologizes to Dr. Dre for Degrading His Label
- Brad Pitt Wishes to Reconcile With Angelina Jolie Despite Messy Split
- Chris Brown Reveals He Tried to Have a Baby With Karrueche Tran
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role