Pippa Middleton Begins Bike Race Across America for Charity
Pippa Middleton is taking part in a charity bike race called "Race Across America". Pippa, her younger brother James and other six teammates are going to complete a 3,000-mile, 12-state trek, which starts from San Diego to Annapolis, Md., in eight days.
The team started their mission on Saturday, June 14. Pippa and her team members sported a cycling suit which features a British flag on the front part. The official page reports that the team arrived in Congress, Arizona by Sunday noon.
The charity bike race is held to benefit British Heart Foundation, where she serves as an ambassador. "I was shocked to learn that nearly three times more women die from coronary heart disease than breast cancer. I'm passionate about raising awareness amongst women of this killer disease and I look forward to working with the BHF to highlight to women the risks of heart disease and importantly, how they can reduce them," she said in a statement.
The charity race will also benefit the Michael Matthews Foundation, which is named after a 22-year-old man who died while descending Mt. Everest. The Michael Matthews Foundation focuses on providing education to underprivileged children. Michael's brother James Matthews also joined Pippa's team.
More Pippa Middleton News
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna