Pippa Middleton Begins Bike Race Across America for Charity
Pippa Middleton is taking part in a charity bike race called "Race Across America". Pippa, her younger brother James and other six teammates are going to complete a 3,000-mile, 12-state trek, which starts from San Diego to Annapolis, Md., in eight days.
The team started their mission on Saturday, June 14. Pippa and her team members sported a cycling suit which features a British flag on the front part. The official page reports that the team arrived in Congress, Arizona by Sunday noon.
The charity bike race is held to benefit British Heart Foundation, where she serves as an ambassador. "I was shocked to learn that nearly three times more women die from coronary heart disease than breast cancer. I'm passionate about raising awareness amongst women of this killer disease and I look forward to working with the BHF to highlight to women the risks of heart disease and importantly, how they can reduce them," she said in a statement.
The charity race will also benefit the Michael Matthews Foundation, which is named after a 22-year-old man who died while descending Mt. Everest. The Michael Matthews Foundation focuses on providing education to underprivileged children. Michael's brother James Matthews also joined Pippa's team.
More Pippa Middleton News
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!